i

His weary eyes opened to almost complete darkness, the only light being a small purple glow in the shape of a rectangle that wasn't filled in. Pain in the front of his head. He slowly sat up and looked around. He pressed his hand on his forehead as the pain went from dull to sharp. Where am I? He thought. He couldn't even remember his name, anything, How did I get here? What is this place? Who am I? Panic started to sink into the boy's head. Why can't I remember anything? What is wrong with me? He screamed, angry at himself for not knowing anything. He felt so stupid and vulnerable. But the sounds of approaching footsteps distracted his fit of self hate. "That boy. The Voltron paladin. He's in here." A deep voice said. Voltron? Paladin? What's Voltron? He was deep in thought, thinking about what those words meant to him and how he and those words were connected. The boy saw a door open. What was previously the only light in this dark room was so bright, it blinded him. He squinted and used his arm to cover his eyes. When his eyes adjusted he saw three strange looking creatures in the light. They wore dark robes and their faces were purple with a few yellow slits. "He's awake." The one in the middle said. "The order was to take him to Haggar as soon as he awoke." The one on the right said, seemingly reminding it's counterparts of their task. The one in the middle spoke again. "She didn't say when. Let's have some fun with him." He said. Throughout this conversation the boy in question remained silent, he didn't know if it was sensible to stay quiet or if he should fight.

     The two creatures on the sides picked up the boy by his arms, his legs were too weak to support his body weight. They carried him to the door, his feet dragging behind him. They exited and once his eyes adjusted to the even brighter light he looked around. The ceiling was tall. The corridor they were going down was purple and black. Those colours seem common here. The boy needed to stay awake in order to find out more about this place and remember who he was but the movement made his headache extremely painful and his sight went blurry. Black again. 

     Once again he woke up in the dark room. When his eyes opened he looked around for the purple light and it was luckily still there. The boy started thinking again. Paladin of Voltron. He thought about what that meant and an image went into his head. A red robotic lion but nothing else. Is that Voltron? The lion? These were the only things the boy knew. He put his hands behind his head and felt his head. He felt his hair for what felt like the first time. It was soft. He grabbed a strand and played with it. He felt like a child discovering a simple thing. Which he essentially was.