x

Pidge shot the last standing Galra guard. "Is that the last one?" Lance asked, taking his attention off of Keith for a minute. They waited a few seconds, expecting an attack. Matt stood up to look around the side but on his first step he fell. "Matt!" Pidge shouted. Matt was groaning in pain, holding his leg tightly against his chest. After a few deep breathes he let go of his leg and smiled at his sister. "I'll be fine. It's nothing." He said. "Lance go check for guards." Matt said, wincing in pain. Lance stood up and looked around the edge. "Weird. There's nothing." Lance said before turning back and kneeling down next to Keith again. "How are you guys doing?" Shiro asked through the headset. "There's a big cell with lots of prisoners in ready to go. We found My dad, Matt and Keith but they're injured." Pidge said, looking at the prisoners in the cell then at her brother. "I'm giving your co ordinates to Coran." Shiro said.

     A few minutes later and a loud crash shook the ship. "I'm here!" Coran said. Sam peered his head around and saw the ship. "Uh is that your ship." He asked. He was amused but nervous. Pidge smiled with a nod. "Okay everyone see that big white castle...ship thing." Lane said to the prisoners. "Everyone get on it. We're getting you all out of here." Lance turned to Keith and smiled. "We will get you fixed." He whispered to him.

     Lance picked up Keith and carried him bridal style. Pidge and Sam helped Matt into the castle as he wasn't able to walk on his left leg. The prisoners followed them. There were about 200 remaining ones in this cell alone. "Coran do you have room for 200?" Pidge asked as Lance carried Keith onto the ship and she looked at all of the prisoners. "Um. I think but it'll be a squeeze." Coran replied nervously. 

     Every single prisoner they collected got onto the ship. "Okay. If you're injured please put your hand in the air." Pidge called after Keith and Matt had been taken to the infirmary. About a quarter of them put their hand up. "Uh Coran?" Pidge asked Coran for help nervously. Allura walked over to help instead. "If you just have flesh wounds put your hand down. The infirmary is for very serious  injuries so if you have a severely bleeding wound, broken bones or anything more serious than that keep your hands up." She said. About half of those put their hands down. "Still a lot." Allura said in thought. "Pidge can you check over everyone's injuries and determine weather they need to go into the infirmary." She asked to which Pidge nodded. "Okay everyone. Pidge will check each of you over and determine weather you need to go into the infirmary." She said before Pidge walked down to start the job. 

     After Lance placed Keith in the infirmary he refused to move. He sat against the pod that Keith was in. "Please." He whispered, a tear sliding down his cheek. "Stay with me Keith." He said to himself. Memories of him and Keith projected in his head. The times that they fought and the times they got on were both cherished by the Cuban. He remembered one time in particular.

     "Keith." He called as Keith walked to his room. Keith turned around to face him, waiting for Lance to finish his sentence. Lance walked towards him. "I...Uh....I like you Keith. In a crush way." He said shyly, cupping his hands and looking down. When he looked up he would only see Keith's bright smile. Keith walked towards him and kissed his cheek before opening the door to his room and stepping inside. The next day Lance got Keith on his own. "So that kiss yesterday. Does that mean you like me back?" Lance asked with a small, hopeful smile. Keith laughed slightly and walked towards the taller one. "Yes." he said with a bigger smile than Lance's. Lance's smile grew to a grin and he giggled slightly. "Well should we...get together?" He asked awkwardly which was never normal for him. Keith looked into Lance's eyes lovingly. "I guess we should." He said. His deep, velvety voice made Lance want to just kiss him right there so he did. Both Lance and Keith closed their eyes as they kissed, their cheeks going red. When they finally pulled away they both just looked into each other's eyes.

     Lance laughed at his memories. Best day of my life. He thought. That was months ago but they acted like an old married couple. Even the others, who didn't know about their secretive relationship picked up on their behaviour. Sam, who was stood next to Matt's pod walked over to Lance. "You know he's strong." Sam said to Lance. Lance looked up at Pidge's father and smiled. "I know." He said with a slight laugh. Sam sat down next to Lance. He grunted as he did so. "I'm getting too old for this." He commented. To which Lance laughed slightly. "Poor boy forgot everything. When I met him, he only knew his name." Sam said about Keith. Lance looked at Sam, slightly intrigued. "He remembered things over time. Little things." Sam said. 

"Did he remember me?" Lance asked. He hoped the answer was 'yes' because he didn't know how he would react if the answer wasn't. "He never mentioned you." Sam said. "Sorry kid." He looked at Lance sympathetically. Lance was now looking down at the floor. "Were you close?" Sam asked the boy. Lance nodded, hiding the reason why they were so. Lance wiped his face from a tear that fell down it. Sam tapped Lance on the shoulder as a way of comforting before he stood up. "I need to catch up with Katie." He said with a smile. "Why don't you talk to the other paladins to cheer you up?" Sam asked, holding his hand out to help Lance up if he wanted to. "I think I'll stay here for a bit." Lance said, refusing the offer.