xiii

"Guys! Everyone!" Pidge yelled while running to Coran, Allura, Shiro, Hunk and Lance, a huge smile on her face. "I think Keith is waking up!" She said. Everyone stood up and walked quickly towards the infirmary with Pidge. "I went to see Matt and I checked Keith's pod at the same time, he seems to be ready to wake up!" She said with confidence. 

     They all arrived at his pod. Allura stepped forward to it. She looked at the information and sighed sadly. "One more Varga." she said before turning around to the others. They're faces all fell, especially Lance. Allura then walked to Matt's pod, to the left of Keith's. She looked over the information and smiled. She turned to Pidge. "It looks like he's waking up." She said. Pidge's face turned happy again. She ran to Allura and watched the pod for movement. "I'll get Sam." Shiro said before running to find him. The part of the pod separating Matt from his sister faded and he fell forward into her arms. He looked up at her. "Katie." He smiled. Pidge squeezed her brother in her arms. "I thought you got taken by rebels." She said in a cry. Matt laughed slightly and stood up but still held Pidge by her arms. "I did but I got re captured." he said. Pidge's eyes filled with tears and as soon as one fell from her cheek, she pressed her face against Matt's shoulder and cried onto it. 

     Shiro and Sam stepped into the room. "Matt!" his father yelled, running towards his children. He joined the hug, pushing his daughter in the middle. Matt put his head on Sam's shoulder. "You haven't changed in the long time we've spent apart Matt." Sam cried. "And Katie. How you have changed. So courageous and strong." The younger two laughed slightly. Matt looked up, his eyes setting on Shiro. His grip on his family loosened. "Shiro." He said. He let go of Pidge and Sam and stepped away from them and towards Shiro. "You left me and my dad! You escaped and left us here to rot!" He yelled at the taller man. 

 "Matt! Calm down." Pidge asked of him, trying to tempt him into stepping down. Matt turned around. "He left us Katie." He said and turned back to Shiro with an angry expression. He stepped forward again. "I suffered for longer than you Takashi." He said before pouncing on Shiro, throwing the strong man to the floor. He hit him, clipping his nose with his knuckle. "Matt!" Lance yelled before him and Pidge ran forward to him. Matt struck Shiro again, this time with more force. Shiro grunted in pain and tried to get the boy off of him but Matt was restraining Shiro's arms with his legs. Lance and Pidge ran towards Matt. They attempted to drag him off of of their teammate. Two strikes got Lance and Pidge off of him. Anger and hatred engulfed Matt and he carried on hitting Shiro, without realising that he struck his sister, the one person that he had a duty to protect. Shiro finally threw him off. He rolled over so he was on top of Matt, he held his wrists down and straddled him, as to not be kicked. "It was my only chance! I didn't have time to come and get you! Pidge has been trying to track you down since the discovery of Voltron and I have hoped the entire time that she found you!" Shiro screamed at him. Matt wriggled under Shiro. "I would not ever purposely put you or your father in danger Matt. You know that." Shiro said softly. Matt stopped struggling and looked to the left of Shiro where he saw Pidge holding her stomach as she looked at him. "Katie. Did I hit you?" He asked, he now knew what damage he had caused. Pidge didn't say anything, she just looked down at the floor. "Yes you did." Shiro said, looking at Matt's hand. Matt paused. He was shocked at his own actions. "Let me up." He commanded Shiro. Shiro moved away, freeing the boy. Matt ran towards Katie. He put a hand on her shoulder. "I am so sor-"

"Get off me!" Pidge yelled, swiping his hand off of her. "You let anger control you. That is not the actions of my brother. It's the actions of a monster." Pidge said, walking away. Hunk walked with her, a tender hand touching her back comfortingly. Lance stared at Matt for a second, clutching his stomach also. Lance glanced at Keith's pod before following Hunk and Pidge. "Wait." Matt said in shock. He looked at his knuckles. They were red and bleeding. Matt looked at Shiro who was knelt on the floor, facing away. Matt then looked at his dad. Sam gave Matt an angry look, a disappointed look.