xvii

Pidge turned as soon as she heard footsteps, distracting her from the work she had been doing. She identified the person as Matt. Matt walked towards her, "Where's dad?" Pidge asked, turning back around. Matt walked up next to her, "I think I saw him with Shiro." Pidge turned her head to Matt again and stopped typing for a minute. "So are you going to apologize to Shiro?" Pidge asked her brother with a face of curiosity. Matt gave Pidge a stern look with no response to the question asked. "Matt. You attacked him. You also hurt me and Lance. I don't care if you don't want to speak to him. Just say you're sorry."

"Why should I?" Matt asked, louder and in an angry tone. He then realised that he was shouting. "Sorry." He said, looking down. Pidge rolled her eyes in response to his short outburst, she knew he would be like this for a while. "All I'm asking is that you say to him that you're sorry for attacking him. Do you remember how he protected you in the prison and beforehand. You admired him Matt, you were the closest of friends." Pidge said, trying to reason with her angered and stubborn brother. Matt's facade dropped. "Yeah I remember." 

"All the things he did for you Matt and you attacked him in return." Pidge said, stepping closer to her brother who was now close to tears. Matt looked at Pidge, "What have I become?" He asked his younger sister. A single tear fell down his face. Followed by another and another. "A survivor." Pidge replied, trying to comfort Matt.

     "Shiro." Matt said. Shiro turned to the doorway which the voice came from and saw the Holt siblings stood in the doorway. Both entered the room that Sam and Shiro were in. Pidge stood next to her father while Matt stepped forward to Shiro. "Shiro." Matt started. "I am so sorry for yesterday. I know now what you have done to help me and I was just angry. I wasn't thinking straight." Matt finished. Instead of being unforgiving and bitter, Shiro smiled at the smaller man. "I understand." Shiro replied. "Being a prisoner does things to you. It messes with your head." Shiro put his hand in front of him for Matt to shake, Matt did so and smiled at him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     Keith's mind raced a he held Lance. He remembered pulling Lance aside before a mission and kissing him. He remembered trying to make a present for Lance out of random Altean things he found dotted around the ship. All the greatest memories were coming back to him one by one as he started to drift off on Lance's chest, hearing his slow heartbeat like a lullaby. 

     The door started to open and Keith sat up quickly. "Hey Lance, hey Keith." Hunk said as he joined the two. Lance and Keith exchanged looks. "Are you two okay?" Hunk asked, knowing that something was going on. Keith smiled at Hunk "I remember! I remember almost everything!" Keith said excitedly. Hunk smiled in return at Lance who was now smiling at Keith's happy expression. "I knew that would happen eventually." He smiled. "Anyway. Shiro and Matt have made up and we're about to send some of the prisoners home." Lance and Keith stood up to join them. Hunk started to walk first. Lance stopped behind him and grabbed Keith's hand. "We'll be there in a tick." He said. Hunk nodded and carried on walking, leaving the two together. Lance grabbed Keith's other hand and faced him. Both of them moved in for a kiss and their lips collided, causing Lance to smile under the kiss. Lance removed his hands from Keith's and instead put his hand's on Keith's waist. Keith put his hands around Lance's neck and moved away from the kiss for a second. "Should we tell the others?" He asked, looking into Lance's eyes deeply. Lance titled his head slightly. "Maybe. Or we could keep them guessing." He said. Keith laughed slightly and pressed his face into the crook of Lance's neck. "Let's keep them guessing. But maybe we should actually wave off the prisoners." Keith said. Lance let go of Keith and Keith did the same. Both walked out together to join the others.