xi

That night

Lance woke up in the middle of the night again. He stared at the ceiling above him and breathed a deep sigh. He took off his bulky headphones that were blasting songs in Spanish. He sat up and rubbed his face. He looked through the songs that had been playing and worked out from that he had been asleep for an hour. The longest since Keith was taken. Lance stood up and paced around his room in an attempt to tire himself out. After about five minutes of walking in circles around his small room he gave up and threw himself onto the bed again with a sigh. He put his headphones on again and walked out with them on. To him Spanish songs reminded him of his childhood and usually helped him sleep. He walked to the end of the corridor and stopped, thinking about where to go next. Lance headed down to the training deck. He opened the door and saw it filled with the rescued prisoners. So this is where they're all bunked. He thought to himself with a sigh before closing the door again.

     Lance wandered around the castle for a while longer, all in an attempt to get to sleep. He stopped his music and put his headphones around his neck. He walked down to the hangar. It's unlikely that anyone would be there. 

     He marveled at the huge statue-like lions. He walked over to his own. "Do you think it would wake anyone up if I took you for a ride?" He asked Blue. "No I won't risk it." He said, placing one hand on the lion. Lance smiled. The first memory of this lion he had, also included Keith. "Lance." A voice said from behind, scaring Lance. Lance turned around to see Pidge stood with a laptop in hand. "Oh. Uh...hey Pidge." Lance said with a nervous chuckle. "What are y-you doing here?" He asked, putting one hand behind his head. Pidge gave Lance a look of confusion before answering, "Neither me or dad could sleep so I was going to show him my lion" Pidge confessed. Lance looked around. Sam wasn't there. Lance looked at Pidge again. "Then where's your dad?" He asked inquisitively. Pidge stumbled a little on her words. "Fine! I just couldn't sleep. My dad could so I left him. Why are you here?" She asked before sitting down on the floor. Lance walked over and sat down beside his small friend. "I couldn't sleep either." Lance said. He put on his headphones again and started the music. He threw himself back and led on the floor while Pidge typed away.

((Sorry this chapter is so short but I can literally relate right now which is why I wrote it. It's currently 3:30 am and I have to get up for work in just over 2 hours and I haven't slept at all.))