xii

((Because of events in season 3, the entire fanfic just takes place as a sort of au thing))

The next day 

"Hey Keith." Lance said warmly to the cryogenic pod that Keith was in. Lance put his hand on the pod and his previous smile turned to a face of true sadness. "When are you going to come out? I missed you so much and now that we have you back, you can't even speak to us." Lance turned around to check if anyone was there, listening or watching before he turned back around. "I. Love. You Keith." Lance said, almost in a whisper. "Please just come back to me." Lance cried, a tear falling from his soft cheek and hitting the floor below him. Lance's hand started to shake against the pod. His lip started to quiver. He held one hand with the other to try and stop the shaking but instead it just intensified it. "I promised myself that I would stay strong." He said, resting his head on the pod with the rest of his body far. "Pero sin ti en mis brazos eso es imposible." Lance wiped a tear from his face and turned to the door again, checking for anyone else. "I'll see you later buddy." Lance said before turning around and walking towards the exit. Then he heard a voice, "Lance." it said. Lance immediately turned back to Keith but Keith was frozen still. Did Keith just....say my name? he thought in a confused way. Lance walked a few steps closer to Keith. Nothing. No movement. Lance sighed and walked off again. Before he exited, he looked back at the pod, at Keith.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     All that Keith could see was black. No light could be reflected. "I'll see you later buddy." a soft, voice said in a slightly sad tone, like someone saying their final goodbye. Am I dying? he thought. "Wait." Keith said, calling the voice back. "Lance." He said. Who the heck is Lance? He scowled. The word he said echoed loudly, the vibrations rattling in his head. Suddenly lights were turned on in a sense. It was so bright, Keith had to close his eyes and when he opened them again he saw a beautiful sight. Grass, fields that seemed to last forever. Green, healthy grass. Keith looked down, he was sat on the grass, leaning back on his hands. He wore light blue jeans and a red plaid shirt. "I never owned these clothes." he said to himself in a slightly disgusted tone. Keith looked up at the sky. Blue with a few clouds floating above him. What is this place? He thought. Something brushed upon his arm. He looked to it and flicked it back as a reflex with a gasp. A cat! A small black cat stared at him. Keith smiled back at it. "Aw, sweet." He said before placing a hand on the middle of the cat's back and moving to the end. The cat meowed at him and he picked it up and placed it in his lap. The small animal moved it's tail left to right, purring loudly. Keith chuckled slightly, he never really had a fondness of animals but this one was sweet. Keith scratched the side of the cat's head lightly and it pushed it's head into his hand. Keith took his hand away for a second and the cat curled up into a ball, it's face facing away from Keith. However, a sound distracted him. A deep growl of motorbikes. He saw them from a distance. Two, three, four motorbikes rode by people with black helmets, came towards him quickly. "Look at him!" One yelled, the one at the front.

"Gay! Gay! Gay!" All four yelled in unison.

"How many STDs you got gay boy?!" The second one yelled at him in a laugh.

"That cat is the only pussy that you'll ever get gay boy!" another yelled. 

"That was terrible." One yelled to the boy who made the previous comment.

"Stop it!" Keith screamed so hard, his throat was struck with pain. "Go away!" he yelled again. The boys on the motorbikes laughed at him menacingly.