Chapter 1~ Coffee

"Mum I'm going to the coffee store to study!"

"Okay be back by diner!"

Oh no! I have to have dinner with the family again.. This will be interesting. Dinner with the family always goes wrong, someone starts arguing with someone and then mum gets super angry.
I slowly walk to the coffee shop just a few blocks from home, I admire LA and take in its beauty. I order myself a coffee and take a seat, I get my books and my laptop out of my backpack. I'm pretty good in maths so I'll study that one last, I should probably do science or biology or chemistry or ugh I hate studying! Lets just do.. chemistry. I open my chemistry book start to read, suddenly the door to the coffee shop opens. No big deal, it has opened several times already but it swings open with great force and hits the shelf behind it making alot of racket. This small group of boys are laughing and distracting me, their laughs sound so genuine and contagious. I remember when I used to go out with my friends, and we'd laugh and eat pizza or drink coffee and go to the beach in our bikinis.. Now we hardly even talk, they're all so distracted and concentrated on school and with good grades we never have time to talk anymore. I go back to my chemistry, I smash out the first part and feel a glare on me. I look to my left slightly to see one of the boys staring at me. He is tall and muscular, a well built figure, his hair dark brown with  slight blonde tips. He looks away when he notices I'm looking in his direction. I continue looking and admiring until the boy with the slightly longer hair, similar body waves at me. I shake my head and look away. Hours past and it's 3pm. I am nearly done my studying, I just have the maths to go. I hear familiar laughs and look up to see the boys from this morning in ordering more coffee. Damn they drink more coffee than me. They go to walk past me when suddenly the one with blonde tips, trips and spills his coffee on my table, he quickly picks up my books so they don't get covered in coffee.

"I'm so sorry!" He says in a worry.

"It's okay as long as my books are okay.." I laugh shyly.

"Hey weren't you here this morning?"

"Yeah I was.."

The other boy that looks similar comes over with his friend, "I'm Ethan!"

"Uh, I'm Amber."

"This is Jack!"

"Hey Amber!" Jack says waving at me.

Jack and Ethan have so much more enthusiasm than the other boy. I look at the other boy as if I was asking for his name,

"Grayson.." He replies quietly.

"Oh really? I always liked that name.." After I said it, I realized how stupid and weird I sounded. "That sounded weird.. sorry."

"Nar it's okay, here's your books I'll clean the table for you."

I take my books from him gently and place them in my bag along with my computer. I stand up and thank Grayson for cleaning my table, say goodbye and leave. I walk the long boring but slightly scenic walk home and go to see mum in the kitchen.