Chap.20

I just froze. My mind completely blank. I rubbed my temple and made my way over to the fridge. I grabbed a small chunk of cheese and nibbled it nervously. At least I wasn’t leaving with an empty stomach.

After searching around the living room I found some spare change. I put it in my pocket and opened the front door. I stood looking back into the apartment.

This was it. I was freeing myself. Im going back to Bridget and Lucas.

I bit my lip nervously as I closed the door behind me. I left the building, Shaking with every step I took. I felt bad for leaving Cameron like that. I felt bad for leading him on then hurting him. But I knew deep down I loved him but I wasn’t ready to fully admit that. I began walking faster down the streets. Streetlamps lighting up the roads.

After waiting a while a taxi finally came towards me. I stuck out my hand signalling him to stop. I opened the passenger door and got in, “Um… I don’t really know where I am… but could you take me to Neverly Road?” I bit my lip hard as I pulled out the change. I handed him £5 in coins and waited for his response.

He nodded, “Don’t worry, Its only £2.50. Heres your change” He smiled as he gave me back my change. I nodded my head and took a deep breath. This is going to be the longest journey in my life.

~*~*~*~*~**~*

“Thank You” I smiled as I stepped out. He returned a smile before driving off into the darkness. I stood outside Lucas’s house. It was only 9:30ish. I dug the soil beside their doorstep. I kept digging until I pulled out his secret key. Only me, bridget and Lucas knew about it as we often used it considering we were always either at my house or lucas’s. We always stayed together considering we both had no parents living with us. Bridget however, had her parents living with her- but they didn’t mind her sleeping over almost every night.

I clicked the door open and smiled. A sigh of relief washed over me as I realised I was free. Back with my best friends. I ran up the stairs and burst into Lucas’s room with the biggest grin spread across my face.

“Guys! Its me! Im back!” I yelled with happiness. I froze.

My best friend-Who was also my crush- Was kissing my other best friend!

And I thought they were worried about me; Turns out he was kissing bridget whilst he used to tell me he had feelings for me… I felt so broken and torn apart. Tears were already streaming down my face.

They broke apart, shooting away from eachother.

“Stacey! Oh my god your back! I was so worried about you! I missed you so much!” Bridged cried out. I glared at her. “Bullshit” I muttered. I turned my gaze to Lucas who has a worried expression on.

“It wasn’t what it looked like” He started until I put my hand up, “Don’t!” I yelled. “I knew I shouldn’t of ran away! I knew I was better off there. Kidnapped. And you said you would find me… Yet hear you are making out with Bridget! You have no idea what I did for you” I chocked out. My voice was croaky and I could feel the heavy lump in my throat.

I wiped my tears on my jacket sleeve as I cried harder, “You have no idea what I did for you! What I went through! But I guess you never cared! I was better off there! I wish I never came!” And with that I ran out, leaving them to chase after me.

“Stacey wait! Please just wait!” I could hear them both yelling but I was already out of the house, sprinting down the road as fast as my legs could go. I ran and ran hopelessly until I stopped outside my house. Unlocking the door with my hidden key I stepped in. The house was quiet. My sobs echoed through the silence.

 I clicked the switch and the lights flickered on. The house was just how I left it. I made my way upstairs and into my bedroom. I snuggled up tight into my long-loved bed. I was alone all along.

~*~*~**~*~*~**~

Authors Note;

Wow Chapter 20 already o;

Well shes free... but shes not happy :(

This chapter was really hard to right especially as i wrote it when i was in a good mood Haha but i hope you forgive me for this rubbish chapter?;)

Comment♥