Chapter 19: Promise

Min Kyung's Pov

 Jin: Isn't obvious Min Kyung-ah? I'm doing these to protect you, because... it's because... I love you.  

His words keeps repeating on my mind. He loves me too?! Am I dreaming? I can't believe it! I don't know what to do or what to say. I still can't believe that he feels the same. He even risk his life just to save me, so he's serious right? I mean why would he risk his own life if he didn't mean what he said. 

Jin: It's alright if you didn't feel the same anymore. After all, I've hurt you and ignore you a lot, I understand. 

Me: No... I still love you! I just... can't believe that you feel the same. 

Jin: I do, I just don't want to show it. I don't want to fall in love, and I did my best to avoid it, it's my worst fear, because every time I care and love someone, I always end up losing that person. But I guess I failed, I failed to avoid it, I overcome my fear instead, and it's all because of you. You thought me how to love and open my heart again.

I'm speechless, I don't know what to say again. Is it real? Or I'm just dreaming? I can't believe what's happening right now. 

Jin: I also want to thank you for teaching me how to love, not also that, but also for opening my eyes to see the world outside and how unfair it is sometimes, but because of that, it makes us stronger, and I learned that I don't need to do what people wants me to do. 

Me: It's alright, no need to thanked me, I just did what's right. But how about you? I don't want you to put your life in danger just because of me. I don't you to get hurt. 

Jin: But it hurts me more if I just let them hurt you, and I didn't do anything. I hate it when I can't do anything but to watch them hurting you. I don't let anyone hurt someone who's important to me, I won't let someone hurt you. I, once lost my family, and I can't do anything to save them. I won't let someone hurt you no matter what.

This guy really knows how to make me speechless. I'm surprised for what he said. I guess the reason why he's so afraid to love again is because if he do, he'll lose that person again. 

Jin: Don't think that it's your fault that I put my life in danger just to save you. It's my choice. So if you're blaming yourself, don't be. It's alright. 

Me: But.. how about your boss? I'm sure he'll be mad once he knew about us. I'm sure that he'll do everything just for you to leave me, to break our friendship. 

Jin: I know, I'm aware of that, I knew him, he'll do his best, but we're doing our best to get out of this kind of job. I'm not alone, I have friends that wants to stop this job too, that's why we're doing our best to plan of what we're going to do. Don't worry, don't be afraid, everything's going to be fine soon.

Me: But what if something bad happen? What if your boss knew about the plan? I'm afraid of what will happen to be honest.

Jin: Don't worry, no matter what happen, I'll protect you, even if I die. At least if I die, I did the right thing, and  I did my best to stop this job, and also to protect you. I'll do my best to protect you, and no one can stop me, even you. 

I smile but also it hurts for me to think that he'll put his life in danger. I don't know if I did the right thing, to tell him that he doesn't need to follow his boss's order, and because of that he change his perspective, willing to disobey his boss and to betray him, and most of all, he'll risk his own life just to stop this job and just to... save me. I don't know anymore if I did the right thing, or I just put his life in danger, not only him, but also his friends. If something bad happened to him, I know that it's my fault. 

Me: I guess that you're unstoppable. But you don't have to, don't worry about me. I hate it when you'll put your life in danger. Don't worry about me.

Him: I don't have to, but I need to. And I hate it when someone is hurting you just because of me. 

I guess he's really unstoppable. It seems like I really can't stop him. I can see the determination and seriousness in his eyes. 

Me: I guess I can't stop you, but I respect your decision if you want to stop this job, and to protect me. But always be careful okay? Don't stress yourself too much. And always remember that I'm always here for you. 

He smile and nod. 

Him: Can I ask you something?

Me: Sure, what is it? 

Him: Will you be my girlfriend? I... I promise that I'll protect you no matter what even if I get hurt or die. 

I smile, he doesn't need to protect me or put his life in danger just to prove that he loves me, he already showed it. 

Me: Yes.

He smiled and hug me. His embrace makes me feel safe. I wish that we can stay like this forever. I wish that we don't have to deal with his boss and his job and about him that keeps on thinking on how to stop it. I wish that he doesn't need to risk his life just to stop this job and to protect me from the possibilities that they'll use me, because they know that I'm his weakness. I wish that we can freely love and date each other just like other couples out there. But I still believe, I still believe that they can do it, he can do it, and it will happen soon. 

We broke the hug and we just talk about everything. This time, we talk about the other thing that is not related to what happened a while ago, and about their plan or anything that is related to our problem. We talk about the funny things instead. Later on, it went silent for a while, until he speaks "Min Kyung-ah, saranghae. Please don't leave me. 

Me: Nado saranghae. I won't leave you, I promise. 

He smiled and he leans closer. He kiss me, our first kiss. He's my first kiss, and I want him to be my last kiss too. I can't believe that he loves me too, and I can't believe that I'll fell in love with him, but even though everyone will think of him as a bad person, I didn't. I see the good in him, he just act like a bad person and he killed people because his boss forcing him to do. 

From this day on, I promise myself that he'll be my last love too.

~~~

A/N: This chapter is focus on MinJin (Makes me think of Jin and Min Yoongi haha) or JinKyung. Sorry if it's too cheesy. I'm sorry for not updating for a month. Thanks for reading! Have a nice day!