Barking Dogs Don't Bite.

Xavier walked soundlessly with unconscious little boy latched on his back. Although he was unaware of the boy's whereabouts who was hanging helplessly behind his back, Xavier still felt sympathetic towards him.

He felt helpless knowing that these innocents one are used just for the trial of the new drugs and still there are only few he could save. He felt angry knowing that he was one of them who were involved in this merciless business, though it was never his choice to become one of them but life can be cruel and ignorant at times. Even though his destiny was never his to choose nor his heart was in this business. He was bound to do this dirty business , he was forced to take all those young lives just to check if the drug will work or not.

As Xavier passed through the lit houses on the street he felt a pang of jealousy towards the people living in those houses. He missed his family dearly. He missed his mom and his little brothers to be precise not his father because his father was the main reason he was living this unjust life. He wondered if he could ever forgive his dad for giving him such atrocious fate.

He missed those times when he was with his family although his family wasn't perfect nor was rich but they were happy just the way they were, living in a small house , his mother stroking his light brown  hair, his little brother making  pony tails with Xavier's hair and giggling loudly. He was happy. He wanted his half spent childhood back, he wanted to run away at the moment , run to his mother and burry his face in her lap and cry away all the sadness all the pain and all the sacrifices he has to make for his family to be safe.

It was unfair , it was all unfair, he was just an eight year old boy when he has to train till his bones were broken, he had to jump from cliffs and practice to land safely when he was just nine. He had to watch boys at his age take drugs on daily basis and turn into a monster when he was just ten while he had to cut himself whenever he was forced to do drug with others. He would cut himself again and again till he was unconscious. Just because he was sold ruthlessly for some money doesn't mean his pride was sold with it and even if he can't run away from this sinful place he totally deny to turn into a drug sniffing monster even if they torture him he will take the pain but he knew they won't kill him they can't kill him. He was the best among all of them.

Xavier made his way through the dark forest and after some time he stood in front of the big dark institute. Everything about the institute was normal except for the cold and isolated vibes it gives off.

The forest wasn't too vast , it was a short one but with many tall trees and some houses were situated at the back side of the institute as the institute seemed to be at the end of the forest. The houses at the back side faced the front luminous street while due to these houses all the noise and luminosity was blocked out, making the institute completely abandoned. Though the truth was opposite. The institute was full of drug dealers and fighters doing there business in a comfortable way.

Xavier gave a sarcastic laugh and rolled his eyes. He unlatched the boy and placed him on the institute stair and made his way towards the institute door but before he could turn the key and push open the institute gate the gate was pulled open and in front of him was standing a boy with shiny blonde hair and dark blue playful eyes. He was a bit muscular than Xavier and at his same height. His playful eyes were enough for Xavier to recognize who he was.

"I'm glad you blessed me with your presence again ." Ryan said with a playful wink .

"I guess." Xavier said with a matter of fact tone. Xavier was a person who talk less and do much. He was never a talker in the first place but Ryan was the total opposite of him. He liked to talk and especially with Xavier and Xavier knew Ryan was one of those who get hurt easily. So apart from how exhausted or frustrated Xavier was he always tried to play along with Ryan's jokes.

"And why aren't you bowing ?" Xavier asked with his eyebrow arched. A bright smile flashed across Ryan's face and he bowed happily.

"Ryan Marcel Ashdown bows before you My Lord!" He said while bowing gracefully , his blonde hair shining brightly in the twilight. Xavier shook his head and smiled slightly at his friend's stupid yet sweet act and patted Ryan's head and said "Rise."
Ryan obeyed hastily and smiled broadly at Xavier.

"Although you have no desire to come inside but some dogs have been barking since you were gone you know." Ryan said while pointing his index finger upwards.
Xavier glanced above and saw two siblings scowling down at him.
"Barking dogs don't bite you know." Xavier said flatly.
"Umm, these are different kinds of dogs they might bite." Ryan said.
"Drugged dogs."  Xavier said , his voice full of disgust. He turned and picked the unconscious boy in his arms and marched inside the institute with his held high. If one thing Xavier hated was walking with his head down.

                  ************
Joy felt extremely lucky to have Tiberius beside her while she was heading towards the principal office. Though she knew that after she will be done with her detention he will scold her till she started having doubt on her own existence excluding the fact that she herself wasn't sure about the reason of her existence. Even though Tabby scolded her on daily basis and she was used to it but apart from all that she knew how much he cared and even if the world burned down into shreds she will still find him beside her, scolding that it was her fault. He understood her like she was a part of him that he has missed and for that Joy was more than lucky. She wondered if he felt as lucky towards her as she feels towards him. She wondered if she understood him because she knew he hide alot. She wondered if she cared about him as much as he does cause she has never found herself being worried for him maybe it was because he never get into trouble. Never.

Joy glanced at him. His side profile made his soft features look sharp. His square jaw line , his straight nose and his broad shoulders. He was handsome in a different way.

"Why exactly are you staring at me ?" Tabby asked still looking forward.

"I am not staring at you!" Joy opposed strongly. Although she knew she was staring but HE needn't know.

"Looking at someone without blinking is termed as staring!" Tabby proposed in a matter of fact tone.

"How did you know that I wasn't blinking?"

" Because I know you."

"Ohh! That is totally not acceptable!" Joy exclaimed feeling a bit exposed. She put so much disbelief in her voice just to cover up her expression.

"Who said it has to be accepted by you!" Tabby said.

Joy felt her anger boiling inside her veins. She wanted to smack Tabby so hard but somehow he can see through her thoughts as well.

"Right now you are in no place to hit me Joy so it'll be better if you control your anger and enter the office." Tabby said and stopped in front of a brown door. Principal's office scribbled across it. He glanced towards Joy. His jaw set and his face on a serious mode.

"Don't speak just listen. Don't touch anything and sit still. Say yes to whatever punishment she gives you and come straight out. Got it ?" Tabby ordered , touching her shoulder lightly, a very Tiberius type of gesture.

"I'm mature enough to know what to do!" Joy complained. Although she was far behind on that.

"I bet you don't even know how to spell the word you just said." Tabby replied. He was vastly sarcastic. Knowing she don't have skills to compete against him on that she turned around and knocked on the door cautiously and she knew no matter how hard she try she will say something wrong.

                     *******
Hey guys u hope you like what you read. Feel free to comment ur opinion and please vote. Next chapter on sunday 😉.
Have a great day!
  lazylightworm 💕