TWELVE

After Camila finished the call, she grumpily opened the fridge. There was no more banana flavour ice cream. So she just opened the fridge door and bent over to cool herself down. Lauren who was behind Camila saw this and also hid herself in the bathroom, sitting on the loo thinking.

Her hand involuntarily touched the spot Camila just kissed again. Maybe that was not a kiss, only a small peck... But whatever, Camila did use her lips to touch her cheek!

The heat from the lips was like the touch of petals imprinted on her face, through the nerves to her brain and to her heart. Every strong beating was telling the master it was successfully received...

The vigorous heart beat, the immobile thoughts, the surprised but disappointed feelings... All were strange emotions. Her ex-boyfriend didn't cause her any of them. Actually the feeling was not bad, but, but if the kiss was printed on other positions? Printed on...... printed on her lips?

Gosh. Lauren's face was fine. But after the thought it turned boiling red. Lauren suddenly regretted why didn't she buy one more fridge so that Camila and her could have one for each of them. She could have s'mores and Camila could have banana.

-

Wait till Camila had completely calmed down, she couldn't find Lauren anywhere in the apartment. At last she stopped outside the bathroom. She knocked twice hesitant before flushing sound came out. After a few seconds Lauren came out.

"Did you have a diarrhoea? Can I get some tablets for you?" Camila looked at Lauren strangely. It had already been half an hour. Did Lauren stay inside for the whole 30 minutes? Is it the problem of pizza or Chinese?

"Um... I'm fine. I'm fine..." Meeting up with Camila's chocolate swirl eyes, she quickly changed the topic, "didn't your mum say she's coming? Is it tomorrow? To where?"

"Oh." Camila frowned thinking about her parents. Her parents didn't even know she had got married. How could she explain to them that her little apartment had rented out? No. The problem of her secret marriage was bigger... After thinking for a while, Camila pouted and said, "I don't know. They don't even know I have got married."

"Um. Should you consider letting them know this time?" Lauren tried to convince her.

"No way!" Camila shot her head up, pouting. "They will kill me." She looked at Lauren again. "And this will make a bad impression of you. So no."

Lauren thought and said, "then how about you tell them you want to save money so you rented your apartment. Then you share an apartment with me. We are only friends. Is that okay?"

Camila widened her eyes, jumped up and gave Lauren a koala hug. "You are so smart! You are so smart!" After that she excitedly rushed to call her mum.

After settling the time and place for meeting up tomorrow, Camila ended the call.

-

The next morning, Lauren woke Camila up but she didn't listen.

"Cabello, wake up!"

"No way, " Camila resisted. "It's not time yet! And I had applied for a leave today. Why don't you let me sleep!" She could rarely sleep more during non-holiday. How could she let the precious chance slide away?

From shaking Camila's body to pulling her arms, but Camila was like she didn't feel anything. She covered her head with the blanket and isolated Lauren. She rolled herself into a ball to avoid Lauren's attack.

Eventually Lauren straddled on Camila, "Are you waking up?" Her voice was threatening.

"No!" Camila shutted her eyes tight, insisting.

"How about, I use my morning breath to stink you?" Hearing this, Camila shot her eyes open. Lauren was lying on her. Their faces were only an inch apart. The serious look on her face made Camila believed she would actually do that.

"I, I, I, I'm waking now!" Camila struggled out of Lauren as she said.But her limbs were pinned. Lauren's face was inching closer and closer. Camila was so nervous that she closed her eyes tight.

"Ha!" A fresh mint scent flew into her nose. Camila opened her eyes, saw Lauren laughing so hard that she nearly fell on the floor. The pattern of Spongebob underneath her was full of wrinkles. "Hahaha, I was joking... You should see your face... Hahaha, That's really cute, hahahaha..."

"Lauren Jauregui!!!" Camila couldn't help but yelled.

"Hahaha..."

"Bye." Camila kicked Lauren's leg that was still on her off angrily. She then went into the bathroom to wash up.

After those what had happened, she couldn't go back to sleep anymore. Fuck Lauren.

-

The time was closer to the time settled. The two people tidied up the living room that had already been tidied many times again. Then Lauren went to change to more presentable clothes. She was too nervous that she kept pulling her hem.

"How's it?" She let Camila checked the makeup she just put on and the hair she just set.

Camila checked seriously and patted her shoulders, "It's very good. Why? Are you nervous?"

"Yes of course." Lauren was more nervous than when she was waiting for her SAT result. "I'm meeting your parents!"

Camila clinged herself on Lauren's shoulders. "They will like you." She purposely stuck her cheek to Lauren's to make her relax.

"Really?" Lauren said touching her another side of cheek. "I think so cause I'm nice." She winked to Camila.

Camila laughed lying on Lauren. Lauren pinched her face, "How about you? Don't let me know you are nervous when you meet my parents."

Camila suddenly silenced. Yeah she's right.

......

-

Sending away Camila's parents, Lauren patted the seat next to her on the couch, cuing Camila to sit down. After Camila sat down, Lauren directly laid herself on her thighs, not caring about her reputation anymore.

"You were not like this just now." Camila combed Lauren's hair wetted by the sweat. She was satisfied with Lauren's cooporation in front of her parents.

"I'm so tired." Lauren stretched herself. "How's it? Did you parents say anythiing?"

"Looked like they didn't. But they would have guessed it I think." Camila laughed awkwardly.

"Why don't you want to live at home? Your parents are good."

Camila didn't reply, still combing Lauren's hair, brushing her finger on the thick eyebrows, at last meeting up with the planet green eyes. There was no stalking, no bad, just genuine care. She didn't even tell her best friend. She spoke slow and softly.

"I have a sister 11 years younger than me. I'm an elder sister. But my mum always thinks I'm still a three-year-old kid. She was watching me everywhere. Going to school with me. Going out with me when I was hanging out with my friends. Even parties..." She paused. "I really want her to know that I'm grown up. I know what I am doing and I want some personal privacy."

Camila shaked her head. "And later on I just felt like not being myself at this home. Sometimes I think my ex-boyfriend was not that close to me because of my family. I only felt more and more lonely when I went out with him. His thoughts were also completely different from mine. He didn't understand me at all. And I didn't even want to understand his. So I think this led to my rejection to his proposal." Talking about this, Camila smiled ironically.

Lauren stared into Camila's completely bold eyes. This pair of eyes could be full of laughter, could be full of spoiledness, could be full of sadness that couldn't be told. But Lauren had never seen the emptiness in them before. Before she realised it, her hands had already intertwined with Camila's. She said firmly, "Now. This is your home here."