FIFTEEN

The guilty feeling made Lauren not dare to look at Camila. The coming few days she couldn't play and laugh with Camila as before anymore. Camila had been pranking Lauren few times but Lauren was not giving any response. Camila couldn't find any fun so she didn't prank on Lauren anymore. But by the time changes, Lauren's memory of that day had faded. She returned to the way she used to get along with Camila.

A holiday morning a month later, when Lauren was working in the kitchen she heard her phone rang. She quickly wiped her hand on a towel and walked out to the living room to find her phone. Following where the sound came she found her phone in the couch where she stuffed her phone inside while she was playing with Camila yesterday. She picked up the call in instant.

"Hello?"

"Lauren? Are you free tonight? Can we have dinner together?"

Lauren looked at her phone strangely. She realised that was Brad's phone number. She deleted his contact so it was not shown. She didn't realise it before she picked it up.

"What?"

"Tonight. Is it okay? Last time we said it."

Lauren frowned. She had forgotten that 'date' already, not to mention the reason she said that because she wanted to reject Brad. She involuntarily glanced at the bedroom. Camila was still sleeping inside. It was always their time on holidays. No matter randomly hanging around or staying at home all day, she just didn't want to go on this date.

"Brad, I think..." Lauren hesitated how to reject.

"Lauren, I want to say something to you."

"I..." Lauren sighed. She still couldn't reject him. "Fine. When?"

"Tonight. I'll pick you up."

"Brad, I..." I have my car. She was going to say that but interrupted by Brad.

"Let me drive you, okay?"

"......"

"Then I'll take it as a yes. 7 o'clock tonight. I'll wait downstairs."

Lauren stared at her phone which the call had been cut. She didn't care that she was still wearing the apron. She threw herself on the couch. She touched her head frowning. How could she tell Camila?

-

Distracted by the problem she didn't know how to tell Camila that she was having dinner with Brad tonight, Lauren cooked a large proportion of dinner. When she realised it, the proportion was enough for ten people. She forced a smile. She had no choice but put them all on the dining table before went waking Camila up.

Lauren was stuttering and hesitating whether she should tell Camila. But later on, Lauren thought clearly she was going to be candid and end everything with Brad tonight, and tell him not to see each other anymore. There was no more future between them, so Lauren decided not to tell Camila, just saying she would not be back for dinner.

Camila didn't ask. She pouted and said, "I downloaded a movie and people say it is good! Now I can only watch it myself..."

Lauren felt more guilty. She promised. "I'll go to the department store with you on their anniversary sale."

Camila's eyes sparkled in instant, nodding her head in excitement.

-

That night, Lauren didn't intentionally dress up herself. She wore a The 1975 she bought with Camila and a pair of light blue ripped jeans. She tied her hair into a ponytail and was ready to go. Before she left, Camila gave her her leather jacket to prevent her from getting cold. Lauren took it in her hand and was finding her purse. She had no relationship with Brad anymore, she shouldn't let him pay.