FOURTEEN

On their way home, Camila looked at the view from the car in silence.

She kept recalling the scenes of meeting Lauren's parents just now. Different from Lauren meeting her parents that day, her parents thought Lauren and her were just flatmates and best friends. Lauren was also using this identity to get along with her parents. But today, she interacted with Lauren's parents as their daughter-in-law.

Did she think the marriage was worthy of the name already?

From few days ago she found herself had been treating Lauren different from few months ago, till now she was not intentionally being sweet to Lauren's parents. Camila had observed her heart, she knew she couldn't hide her feelings. They were like really clean and turquoise lake water. Everyone could see through it easily.

She glanced Lauren at the corner of her eye. She was not dare to tell Lauren these.

Even though Lauren always talked about their marriage acting like she didn't care at all, on their interaction and life, they were just like friends. To be honest, maybe their relationship was broken because of the 'kiss' that time Dinah and Normani came. No matter it was true or not, Camila didn't have that courage to take a risk. Of that 50% of chance.

Camila frowned a little, despising her pathetic inside. She had been fighting for what she wanted herself since she was small. She wasn't even afraid of her parents' rage when she insisted to move out. That one war had lasted almost three years. But now she was afraid that Lauren and her relationship would broke. This was not like her.

But, comparing the disgust of her feelings she would see in Lauren's eyes, with the awkwardness they might have even when they were getting along, she prefered now. Getting along with some unclear feelings. Sometimes she could be close with Lauren physically. Sometimes psychologically. And sometimes they could just not care about their reputation and laugh crazily with each other.

At least, they had a legit marriage under law, right? Everyone had been saying she was really impulsive. But she didn't feel scared of her impulses at all.

When it was the red light, Lauren glanced a shot at Camila's countenance. Camila had been silent since she got in the car with blank expression on her face. Did she hear she asked ehr mum about Brad?

It wouldn't be...

But her mum called Camila's name in instant after she called hers...

No matter did she hear or not, she felt guilty when she thought of this. She felt like she cheated on Camila. She glanced at Camila twice again. Finally they stopped in front of the building. "Camz, I'm going to the store to buy some bananas. I think there's no more at home."

Camila turned and smiled at her, "It's alright. I will go buy it tomorrow."

"Then banana milk...?"

"Um..."

"Come on. I want to drink too." Lauren said in a baby voice.

"Okay. I'll go with you."

"Your cake is turning bad. You quickly bring it home and put it in the fridge. I'll be back soon." Lauren said pointing at the cake Camila took away.

"Oh okay."

Lauren drove away after she saw Camila entered the building.

After she bought the milk, she parked her car in the driveway. She was holding two drinks ready to enter into the building when she saw a familiar figure making her stop.

After she received the brutal rejection, she couldn't help thinking about him. So as she couldn't ignore him and walk away now.

"Brad..." That familiar name slipped out from her mouth.

The person heard the voice and turned. He grinned and stepped forward grabbing Lauren's hand, "Babe!"

Lauren swallowed hard. When she came back to herself, she quickly took her hand out and said softly, "Hi Brad." SHe could see the grin weakened on his face. "What are you doing here?" The person she talked about with her mum in the afternoon was standing in front of her right now. It was unrealistic.

"I just came pass and was thinking I could come visit. It was lucky that I just saw you parking your car so I decided to wait you here."

"......"

Brad grinned widely, beads of sweat rolling down his cheek. Lauren saw this and glanced at the sun shining brightly in the sky. She couldn't ask him to come in her home. She didn't how Camila would think if she saw him. Just like she didn't hope Camila still contact with her ex-boyfriend, so she would not let Camila confront this.

Staring at the smiling face which had brought her much warmth and spent much good times with her. Lauren finally took out a bottle of banana milk from her bag and gave it to him. "It's hot out there. Take it."

Brad looked at the bottle of banana milk in surprise, couldn't believe Lauren still treated him like this. Lauren couldn't look at this anymore. She turned her head and stuffed the drink into his hand. "Brad, I'm good. I know you're good to. It's hot. You better go." Lauren was ready to leave after she said that. But Brad called her.

"Lauren, can we have dinner together?"

Lauren didn't look back. She wasn't thinking it wasn't a big deal to have dinner with him. But she felt guilty. She could feel Brad staring at her from behind. She subconsciously compared the importance of Camila with Brad. But she banned it.

One was her ex, one was a person who was now living with her. The meaning was different.

But, since the balance leaned on the side of Camila, ripples were formed in her heart.

"Brad, I..." Lauren turned. She was going to reject until she met with the eyes full of expectancy. She suddenly couldn't say it. She couldn't give an answer. "Okay. If we have a chance."

Brad grinned more. He suddenly stepped forward and hugged Lauren tight. "I'll contact you later." After that he got in his car and waved goodbye. He sped his car away until Lauren was not able to see him anymore.

Lauren blinked her eyes a few times. She didn't understand why she would think of Camila when she was in Brad's arms. She thought of that time her heart skipped a beat because Camila kissed her on the cheek. Thought of few days ago when she woke up in the midnight wanted to use the bathroom but scared by seeing Camila sleeping serenely in her arms...

She loosened the fist formed in her hand. She thought of the banana milk for Camila in her bag. The condensation of evaporated water was forming. She had to hurry home. The worry towards Camila's banana milk was over the hug from Brad.

-

When Lauren entered the apartment, she saw Camila eating her cake. She took a bite in her mouth and biting the fork until she utterly swallowed the bite in her mouth. When she saw Lauren she subconsciously grinned widely.

Lauren's heart suddenly skipped a beat. She took out the milk from her bag and handed it to Camila. She suddenly felt nervous, afraid of Camila discovering the temperature of the drink was different from the temperature when she just bought.

Luckily Camila didn't say anything, only asked intrigued, "You only bought one? Didn't you buy one for yourself?" Wasn't it Lauren who said she wanted to drink? Why did she only bought for her but not herself?

"Oh, um... There was only one left, so..." Randomly made up an explanation, Lauren looked down playing with her fingers, not daring to look at Camila.

Next second, a bottle appeared in front of her eyes. Lauren looked up seeing Camila smiled at her, "Then we can drink together!"

"Oh... thanks..." Lauren hesitant took the drink and took a big sip.