SIXTEEN

Something's happening in next chapter. Stay tuned!

-

The brunette's figure came across Lauren's mind again. If she had never met Camila, if she had never experienced that unrealistic marriage life, would she say yes in delight?

If he said this half year earlier, maybe she would say yes? But now...

Her mind was fully occupied by a woman known as Camila Cabello.

-

Camila would leave the last cup of ice cream for her. But she would use her puppy face to look at you, hoping you to share some with her. She would bring your jacket to you when you left home. She would bring her some hot milk or hot tea or warm water when she was sick, and stop you from drinking cold. But when she saw your puppy face, she would give up and tell you to only take one sip. She would take good care of her life like a manager, but cuddle with her in midnight when she was sleeping because of her insecurities...

Thinking of Camila, Lauren couldn't help but smile. She was like a person falling in love. She knew Camila was at home, but she couldn't help guessing what she was doing right now. Was she thinking of her? Was she hugging her Lennon waiting her home despite the fact that she already had her teddy bear?

And for Brad, she might have liked him. Or she might have loved him. But now, she only had the feeling like she had for her normal but close male friends to him.

"Brad, " Lauren took a napkin to wipe her mouth, politely declined Brad's movement of helping her to wipe. "I only see you as a brother now."

-

After she let Brad drive her home, she felt weird seeing the dim living room downstairs. Wasn't Camila watching a movie? Or she had slept? Lauren closed the car door and rushed home without saying goodbye to Brad.

Lauren took out her key and unlocked the door. She was not adapted to the dark inside when she entered. She brought her hand to a familiar place and turned on all the lights. She saw Camila on the floor by the large window rolling herself into a ball, the thin shoulders shivering. Without hesitation, Lauren ran towards her and put her arms around the brunette, but surprised by the cold on her skin. She turned and grabbed the jacket Camila brought her when she left which was not left on the couch and put it on Camila's shoulders. Her arms involuntarily wrapped around the small brunette.

Camila looked more vulnerable in Lauren's arms. Lauren could feel her heart ached looking at her like this. She frowned and said, "Are you okay? What happened? Did the electricity go out? I'm here. I'm here..."

Camila was like she finally realised Lauren's present. She brought her her trembling hands, tucking tight to Lauren's collar. The tears that she had been holding finally flooded. The whimper and warm tears that wetted her tshirt had burnt Lauren's nerves. She was blaming herself why didn't she go home earlier. Why did she attend Brad's invitation. Why didn't she there when Camila needed her......

Lauren tightened her hands wrapping Camila. She kissed Camila's cold forehead, trying to support her sinking body, but she couldn't hold back her tears. She could just keep repeating, "I'm here. I'm here..."

Camila's crying voice started to lower down, leaving some sobs. Lauren kissed her forehead again feeling sorry. She was going to ask her the reason she was like this. But then when she looked up she saw clearly downstairs, Brad's car.

Lauren's body froze at that moment. Her move of patting Camila's back also stopped.

She swallowed hard and stuttered, "Camz, you..."