Chapter 6: "Not sure yet"

Chapter 6: “Not sure yet”

After that ‘hugging’ incident, Youngmin kept his hand on my shoulder as we walked. “YN , what’s your home address?” I told him where I stayed and he walked me back home. “See you.” He whispered as he led me to the front door.  My hands trembled slightly and Youngmin released his grip on my shoulder. He waved and disappeared in the rain.

I washed up quickly and slipped into a baggy turquoise sweatshirt. Refreshed, I let myself tumble on my comfy bed, thinking about Youngmin, until I heard a knock on my door.

“Yes, come in.” I called out.

I popped my head from the blanket and saw one of my maids coming into my room.

“Miss, what would you like for dinner today?” She asked.

“Anything would do. I’m still full though, I think it’s a bit too early for dinner.”

“It’s still 5.15 Miss, the food will be ready sooner or later.”

I paused.

It’s 5.15 and I am supposed to be at Youngmin/Kwangmin’s house at 5. Why didn’t Youngmin just bring me to his house for the appointment? I shook my head. Maybe he forgot about it? Things were spinning around my mind until a voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

“Miss!” My maid spoke louder.

“Oh yes sorry, I think I’ll be having dinner outside.”  I apologized.

She nodded and left the room.

I grabbed my sneakers and headed off.

My butler, Ren approached me, “Where are you going Miss?” I handed him a piece of note containing Kwangmin/Youngmin address. He started the car and we went. I stared at my watch while tapping my feet slightly. Come on, come on, I’ll be there soon.

I closed my eyelids and let the thoughts occur my mind. Does Youngmin really have feelings for me? I wonder. I drifted off and was awaken by a soft tug on my arm.

“Miss, we have arrived.” Ren spoke gently.

I rubbed my eyes and covered my mouth to stifle a yawn. I stretched my arms in an awry direction and blinked a few times. As my vision cleared, I gasped at the beautiful sight.

I sat aback at my seat letting the words ‘oh my god’ trail off my mouth. The house was beyond anything I could explain. It was in fact, a mansion. “No way.”  I thought.

“Are you sure we are in the right address?” I asked blankly.

“Yes I’m sure Miss.” Ren proclaimed.

He unplugged his seatbelt and reached for the door handle. I got out of the car and walked towards the gate. A guard walked towards us questioning our identity. I answered, saying that I need to do a project with Kwangmin. Satisfied, the guard nodded and led us to the gate.

The cold black metal gate made a groan as the guard pushed it in a forward direction. He brushed a drop of sweat from his forehead, and said, “Welcome to the mansion of the Jo Family.” He then gestured us to follow him inside after he locked the gate.

--

The spacious concrete driveway was lined with pine trees on the edges and spotlights place between each of the trees. Aside from the driveway, the ground was covered with trimmed patches of grass, like a huge field. As I looked to my left, I saw a slight view of a garden full of blooming flowers, a mixture of crimson red and beige-white roses. Lighted cage lanterns hung in a white painted pavilion surrounded by spiral carved bushes. The top of the pavilion was topped with a golden dome. A crystal clear pond located just next to the pavilion, glistened under the sunset.