Chapter 7: "Truth"

Chapter 7: "Truth”

The alarm rang and I groaned as I turned it off. I rubbed my eyes and stretched my arms widely. I removed the floral bedcover and slipped my feet into my slippers. A knock came on the door, followed by a deep silky voice. “YN, it’s me.” It said. I knew that was Kwangmin.

I opened the door and there he stood, clean and fresh. He handed me a pair of clothes. “This is the only thing that could fit you, I guess. That’s my old set of clothes, we’ll stop by Jeongmin at school and see what we can find for you in the dressing room.”

“Get changed, I’ll see you in a moment.” He said with a faint smile.

I changed into the pair of denim jean, a collared shirt and a leather jacket. Letting my hair stay in a wavy style, I went outside, to the driveway of the mansion, prepared.

“It’s still 5 a.m , we’ll see what we can find for breakfast.” He said as he handed me a white helmet. “Put it on, and grab my waist if you don’t want to fall.”

I climbed onto the motorcycle and wrapped my hands around his waist. Kwangmin’s body trembled slightly but he seemed to hide it. We were the zooming away the next minute.

After a couple of minutes, we decided to stop by a hotdog stand on the side of the road.

“Here, eat more, I doubt you ate dinner.” Kwangmin tossed 2 hotdogs and grabbed another for himself. We sat on a bench near the bus stop and ate quietly. After finishing his hotdog, he stared on the ground with his eyebrows knitted.

“What’s wrong?” I blurted out flatly.

“Nothing, it’s just... never mind, let’s go.”

--

We reached the school and headed to the makeover room. Jeongmin was sitting on a chair with one of his hands holding a can of juice and the other holding his phone. “Oh, Kwangmin. What do you need?” He questioned as he sat upright.

“Can you find something suitable for YN? Like a school girl maybe? We’re playing a drama today, so is there anything proper?” Kwangmin asked.

“Maybe I can find something in the dressing room.” Jeongmin replied as he ruffled through a set of clothes.

“And maybe apply some makeup on her? She needs to look a bit fresher in the story.” Kwangmin continued.

Jeongmin raised an eyebrow, “Okay, I’m on it.”

“I’ll fetch her in an hour. Is it enough?”

“Yeah.” Jeongmin nodded and spoke something in Korean.

Kwangmin replied back in Korean and laughed. He left and said goodbye.

“Fascinating huh, a strong bond between you two in just 2 weeks.” Jeongmin laughed.

I rolled my eyes and laughed too.

--

After everything was done, Jeongmin asked me look into the mirror. I saw another side of myself. My hair was straightened and combed. Still wavy as usual. He only applied mascara and eyeliner, nothing else, and a pink lip gloss. He dressed me in a neat uniform, a brown cashmere coat with the school’s emblem, a white collared shirt and a red and green chequered skirt. “You’re done, as pretty as always.” He chuckled.  I stood and hugged him, “Thank you Jeongmin oppa.”

“Anytime.” He grinned.

As I was about to open the door, Jeongmin called out, “Hey, YN, you should be aware of something.”

“What do you mean?” I turned back.

He shook his head, “I don’t think you know about— ”

Kwangmin opened the door before Jeongmin could finish.

 He stood right before me. “Wow YN, you look— ”

“Look what?”

“Fantastic. Anyway we’re late for our class. You’re skipping your first class and session so go immediately to the acting class.” Kwangmin said a bit too quickly.

“I’ll grab my things in the locker and I’ll see you there.” I replied with a smile.

Kwangmin nodded and left.

“We’ll talk later.” Jeongmin said dismissing me.

--

I grabbed my things quickly from my locker and headed towards the acting class. On my way there, a hand grabbed my shoulder, I turned. It was Youngmin/Kwangmin. He was dressed in a long sleeve black collared shirt and denim jean. His hair was still messy and his brown eyes gave me a worried look. “YN, why didn’t you come to the singing class?”

My head stirred. What was going on? I thought he knew. And how can he change clothes so fast? I just saw him just now.

“Kwangmin! I thought you knew about our drama?” I asked patiently.

He seemed a bit hurt when I said Kwangmin.

“Oh yeah, I’m sorry, you have acting class after this right? I’ll see you there. I need to talk to you.” He bit his lip and was gone.

I was confused by his words but I decided to head to the acting class. I opened the door the judges were already inside. I stood beside Kwangmin stiffly.

“Hey, how did you change your clothes quickly?” I tugged his coat.

“Huh?” He looked confused.

“Your clothes, I saw you in the hallway just now, how can you change them so quickly?”

“Oh, I just can.” He said quickly like he wanted to cover up something.

I observed the other groups and all of them seemed to do kiss scenes. But most of them faked it.

So that’s the way to get an A in the grade huh.

“We’re next, get ready.”  Kwangmin grabbed my hand and lead me to the center.

--

As soon as it was our turn, we did the scene quickly and calmly.

Ending Scene:

Kwangmin: Don’t go YN.

YN: *Walks away and ignores Kwangmin*

Kwangmin reached my hand and pulled me swiftly to his chest. He came close, wrapping an arm around my waist so that we faced each other. He ran his fingers across my cheek so gently and leaned in.

“Don’t be nervous YN.” He whispered.

He lowered his lips to mine and gave me the faintest whisper of a kiss. Without a word, I could understand how excited he was to have this moment, but then afraid at the same time. And deeper than any of that, I sensed that he adored me.

After a moment, something dropped and I could hear a clang of metal hitting against the floor.

I pulled away from Kwangmin’s lips instantly. I stared at the can of familiar orange juice that was dropped and I looked up. And there he stood, the boy who I actually have feelings for. The person I fell in love when I first saw him in the hallway. His black sleeves were rolled and his face gave me a shocked look. It was definitely Jo Youngmin.

Kwangmin turned too, his face completely absurd.

“Hyung…” He stammered.

If the guy I liked was the one who dropped the can of orange juice, he must be Youngmin. He was the person I saw in the hallway just now. I glanced at the person in front of me. Who was he?