Chapter 12: "Missing You"

*Youngmin’s POV*

I wilted as the words sank in.

I watched YN step back, her figure slowly disappearing into the crowd.

Youngmin, what have you done? 

Shaking my head, I shut my eyes, clearing my head. It made sense to me, she felt burdened. And I thought she could endure it all.

Truly, I have lost the one.

                                                                                   …

I splashed the cold water against my face, the noise of the running tap accompanying my thoughts. The droplets got caught on the edge of my eyelashes and cheeks and I wiped them off with a towel.

Look at yourself.

I stared into my reflection on the mirror. My face looked pale and there were nothing but emptiness in the pupil of my brown eyes. 

“Urgh.” My fingers grasping the sink, anger reaching out to me.

If YN feels burdened around me, then I’ll make her feel comfortable with me. Solve things with Madison, and you’re good to go.

I pushed the toilet door open, placing the towel over my shoulder, striding back to the singing classroom. On my way, I passed the principle’s office and overheard a conversation.

“No! You can’t send me to boarding school in America. I’m not going!” A familiar high-pitched voice complained.

“You’re not going to complain again young lady. It’s about time you go schooling overboard.” Another familiar deep voice replied back.

“But— ”

“I want you to pack your things right now, and leave this school. I’ve made arrangements with the principle and you will not complain anymore. Understood?”

“Yes…”

“Good, I’ll be waiting in the school’s entrance.”

As the footsteps fade, I peeked from the locker and there stood Madison, defeated, fragile and frail.

“Is that Mr.Parker? Your dad?” I asked as I emerged from the shadows.

Dazed and confused, Madison averted her eyes. “Why do you care?”

“Going to school to America huh? Sounds like a far journey from Seoul.” I said curtly. 

She kept silent.

“Why did you send threats to YN? What the actual shit do you want from her? Why are you disturbing my life again? Do you want me to tell other people to treat you the same way? Oh wait, I forgot. You’re going to America, so problem’s solved. Just stay away from YN and I won’t touch your pride. If you keep on threatening her, I swear, I won’t let you go so easily. Don’t be such a coward Madison. If you want to settle things, face me first.” I pointed out.

She hissed through her clenched teeth, “I will be away for only a while, and I swear I will be back. And I know you’ll regret your choice falling for her. I will win your heart over YN.”

“Guess what? I’m not into blond bitches. So get a life Madison.” I continued the interrogation.

I walked away slowly, stepping away from her.