iv

Chapter Four:
suck so well

I stare down at the floor, sitting on the floor, against the wall with a blanket wrapped around me. Luke walked back over from the kitchen with a glass of cold water.

"Here you go." He crouches down beside me and sits with his back against the wall too. He hands the glass to me and I grab it from him. He keeps his hand near the glass as I take a drink, just in case I drop it.

I finish drinking the water and let him take it back. Some water and not gotten into my mouth, so there was a slight wet spot on my shirt. He sets it down beside him and sighs.

"Are you tired?" I nod my head slightly, and Luke mumbles an "ok" standing up slowly. He reaches down and puts an arm gently under my legs, and the other behind my back. He picks me up softly and carries me into my bedroom. He goes and sets me on my bed and pulls my covers over me.

"Are you good, little one?" I look around and whine. "What? What, are you okay?" His voice is laced with concern, and I pat around for my stuffed animals. Luke furrows his eyebrows, then he seems to figure it out.

"Oh, you want your stuffed animals?" I nod quickly and whine again. He chuckles and looks around on the ground. He finds all of them, and sets them around me. He sits down on the edge of the bed beside me. He smiles down at me while I smile happily snuggling with all of the toys around me. I felt slightly childish, but I was so tired I didn't care.

"There you go. All good, right?" I nod and smile up at him softly.

"Thank you, Luke." I say his name for the first time and it sounds kind of weird to me, but his face lights up and he smiles.

"You're welcome River. " He leans down and places a kiss on my forehead. "I'll be back to check on you tomorrow." I close my eyes and hear Luke walk out.

"Ah, shit." I open my eyes and sit up.

"Are you okay?" I ask sleepily. Luke walks back into my room.

"I can't leave." He says in a deep voice.

"Why not?" I ask him with a scrunched up face.

"Your door. It's not going to shut. I can't leave you here unprotected." I sigh and lay back down.

"Y-you can lay with.. with m-me.." a I mumble motioning to the empty side of my bed. He smiles and walks over to the bed. I cuddle up with my stuffed animals, and watch as he takes off his shirt and jeans. I shut my eyes , and feel my cheeks heat up. I hear a deep chuckle.

"You're cute." I hear the deep voice and I feel the bed dip beside me. "Such an innocent little flower." I open my eyes again when I feel a soft touch on my cheek. The touch trails down my face and to my lips. I turn to look to look at Luke, and he's staring back at me smirking.

"It's okay to look at my body, babydoll." He reaches over and grabs one of my tiny hands. He pulls it over and places it on his chest. I gasp softly and my face goes red.

He puts his hand back by my face, his thumb lightly touching my lips. I feel something deep inside me, a feeling I can't describe. I feel an urge to ope my mouth and take his thumb in it. I slightly part my lips unintentionally.

"Go ahead, babydoll." I look him in the eyes with confusion, but slightly knowing what he meant. In a rush of adrenaline, I open my mouth and wrap my lips around his thumb. He groans softly as I gently suck on his thumb.

"Good girl." He turned me on my side, keeping his thumb in my mouth, surprisingly growing attached to the feeling. "Let's go to sleep, yeah?" I whimper in response. "Okay, goodnight little girl." I notice now, how him arm is draped over my side, so that I can continue to suck on his thumb, and I smile to myself. I feel his free hand playing with my hair for a few minutes until I eventually fall asleep.

-

I take in a deep breath and open my eyes. I look around my room, taking it in. After a few minutes I realize that there is something in my mouth. I wake up more, and figure out that my thumb is resting in my mouth. I take it out and look over to see that Luke is not beside me.

I look over to my nightstand and see a piece of paper. I reach over and grab it, looking closely at it.

Flower,

Had to make a quick run. Left Petunia here to protect you.

Luke

Petunia? I get up slowly, having forgotten about the state of my legs. As soon as I put pressure on my legs they collapse and I fall with the ground with a shriek. From my position on the ground I hear a patter and then see a dog run up to me.

"What?" I inspect the dog, trying to figure it out. "Petunia?" It makes sense why Luke would leave her here, she seemed like a very protective dog.

"H-Hi there, sweetie." I pet on her and  soon get comfortable with her.  By the time Luke gets back I've gotten back onto my bed, and brought Petunia up with me. I don't notice when he makes it back, I'm too busy playing with Petunia. I'm giggling and rubbing her belly whenever I hear a soft chuckle.

"Look at my two little girls having fun." I snap my head over to look at Luke, and blush at his words. Petunia jumps off the bed and runs over to him. He crouched down and pets her.

"How did you sleep, River?" He walks over to the bed and sits down on it. He places a bag he was holding on the ground beside the bed.

"Mmm.. Good.." I lay my head down again.

"You know.. This morning, you were quite reluctant to give up my thumb." I squeak and grab one of my pillows and cover my face with it. "Hey.. No, no, no." Luke grabs the pillow from me and chuckles.

"It's okay, don't be embarrassed, babydoll. You suck so well." I squeak again and cover up my face with my hands. Luke laughs really loud and lays down beside me.

Petunia hops up and lays by our feet. I giggle at her, and Luke looks over at me with a smile.

"I called a repair man, and they're gonna send someone by tomorrow to fix your door. So, I'll have to stay with you another night. If you're okay with that." I look over at him and nod. "Oh and also." He reaches over and grabs the bag he set down on the ground. "Here you are, babydoll." He takes the object out of the bag, and hands it to me. I widen my eyes and gasp as I sit up, grab it from him quickly. Luke chuckles as I open up the tub of ice cream excitedly.

"Thank you!" I frown realizing I need a spoon, but Luke was one step ahead o me, and pulled a spoon out of the bag.

"You're welcome, little girl." I smile brightly up at Luke.

"So, do you have plans tomorrow?" I shake my head in response, take a bite of the ice cream. "Do you want to come to a church function with me? My nephew needs someone to take him, and stay to watch him and make sure everything is going okay. I don't really wanna go alone." I smile and lay down.

"Of course! That sounds fun." He lays down beside, brushing his fingers through my hair.

"Okay, well, let's just rest for today. You need it." Luke wraps his arm around me. I feel something missing, and Luke figures it out before I do.

"Here you go, babydoll."  He puts his thumb in my mouth, and I gladly start to suck.

"Mhm.." Luke groans, and I whimper in response. "Yeah, you suck so well."

word count: 1406