chapter 19 korra's pov

Thats it I've had it I'm putting that stupid cop in his place now this ends here! I untangle myself from Asami and get up standing in front of Mako. He looks down at me unsure if he should be intimidated by someone shorter than him. I glare up toward him. He opens his mouth to speak and thats when I hear a bubbly voice.

His face grows cold and irritated. I smile looking in the direction of the voice finding Bolin and Opal. Good my favorite couple is here. Bolin slaps a hand onto Mako's shoulder who seems to be growing more aggravated by the whole situation.

"What seems to be the trouble here bro why are you bugging Korra and Asami?" He looks back and forth between us with sheer curiosity. As usual Bolin is clueless as to the tension in the air right now. Mako fake smiles clearly about to lie through his teeth. "I just wanted to see how they were doing is all we've gotten to spend so little time together lately and-" Asami gets up staring him down making his words die off.

Bolin looks over confused again. "Don't listen to a word he says bolin he's been butting his head in ever since he found out Korra and I are dating" Bolin freezes a moment as if taking that in then he smiles a bright Bolin smile. "Thats so cool you guys are dating I didn't wanna say anything but I've been sensing something was there a long time" he says with a wink making Asami and I blush.

Then his face turns serious and he looks over to Mako. "Mako why are you being such a jerk to Korra and Asami you blew your chances with both of these nice ladies get a grip and stop acting like a guy who can't see he's lost " this makes Mako's face soften a little and he suddenly looks sorry. "Now apologize to them" mako looks over to bolin. "Do it bro its the right thing to do" Mako grits his teeth.

"I'msorrykorraandasami" Mako says through gritted teeth much to Bolin's frustration. "No do it like you mean it bro because they deserve a real apology" Mako sighs frustrated. "I'm sorry Korra and Asami" Bolin gestures with his hand "for?". "For being mean about you guys dating" Bolin claps his hands at his brother listening to him.

"Excellent now come on Opal and I will take ya out to lunch Enjoy your date you two!" "Yea have fun guys! Don't worry about Mako he won't bug ya anymore!" The happy couple yells out as they drag the angsty cop away.
Asami looks to me and I look back to her. Finally noticing how close we are to each other.

She smiles at me knowingly and I can't force down my grin. I hold out my hand and she takes it. Then I pull her close and stare into eyes of green.

"Korra" "yes emerald eyed goddess.." I say in a daze. She laughs at me and I blush from embarrassment. "The day is still young" "so it is" "may we continue our date?" "Heh we may" She walks over to a pond and I follow swift. There's turtle ducks floating around she points to one and smiles.

"This one reminds me of you" I make a face. Then point to one in the corner of the lake. "Oh yea well this one reminds me of you" Asami fake gasps and then we both burst into laughter.

"Korra" I look over to her. "Yea?" She smiles at me again. "I always have so much fun when I'm with you" I can't help the smile that overtakes my face. "Me too 'Sami" she leans close and I lean in only to realize she's leaning into my chest. I blush then smile down at her and kiss her forehead.

"My sweet engineer" "mm my avatar" "protector of the people babe" "geez " "but its true" "uh huh" "but your just as important!" "Better be" "you are!"