chapter 9 korra's pov

I woke up on asami's couch piecing together yesterday night's events once more. My mind replays a scene where asami is talking and I tell her to shut up then kiss her and she kisses back strongly. So that really did happen raava asami's mouth was like a small slice of heaven. I feel a small mewl against my chest and look down to see asami clinging to me. She looks so peaceful so calm so unbelievably beautiful.

Looking down at her I'm reminded why I love this girl so much. She accepts me as I am expecting nothing less not caring that I'm the avatar supporting every choice I make she's always been this way towards me. It took me so long to see it for what it really was all those times we'd talk just the two of us excuses to spend time with me. After she lost Hiroshi I thought she'd be destroyed but then she said that if she lost me in the same day as losing her father she wasn't sure she'd be able to handle it. It all allowed me to realize what my confusing feelings really were for asami I had fallen head over heels in love.

"Mmm Korra" she mumbles softly into my chest a silly smile on her now blushing face. Asami Sato your incredible how I ever saw you as my enemy is beyond me we spent so much time chasing mako when we should have been chasing each other. I'm glad we can be honest now with nothing in our way no mako problems no scary villains just you and me. And I know if another threat rises you'll stand by me as well as the rest of team avatar. I whispered into her ear softly " I love you asami I always have".

"Mmm I love you too Korra" was the reply I received back from a much too tired ceo. I had to hold back a small laugh at how adorable she was. She just keeps surprising me doesn't she? Guess that's what makes her so amazing compared to everyone else. She's asami and thats all she needs to be herself brilliant beautiful and the one who holds the key to my heart.