chapter ii.

"WAKEY, WAKEY darling," I heard from outside my door, knowing it was Negan by the pet name he'd given me. The door opened and I slipped out of bed, rubbing my eyes at the brightness of the room. "Got a big day ahead of you, so get dressed."

He closed the door and I quickly threw on a pair of jeans and a gray t-shirt before joining Negan in the hall. He led me outside, where a few motorcycles and supply trucks were parked.

"We have a run today, and you're attending. But first, I need to know you're loyal to me, sweetheart," Negan said, swinging his bat onto his shoulder and showing his devilish, but handsome smirk. "Who are you?" He asked, and before I could answer, all his men replied in sync.

"I'm Negan."

I had never heard such final words been spoken. Words that guaranteed loyalty to this hateful man.

"So, y/n, darling, who are you?"

I swallowed hard, my hands were clamping as they were sweating profusely. I looked around at Negan's men, the Saviors, and saw they were desperately awaiting an answer. I knew what punishment I would receive if I didn't give him the answer he wanted.

I looked Negan dead in the eyes and watched his mouth turn up at the corners upon hearing those two, final words.

"I'm Negan."

~

I was next to Negan in the truck, watching the world around me go by. As the rotting corpses of those once living roamed the empty fields, I tried to remember what it was like five years ago when everything was normal.

But I couldn't.

Everything I had ever learned growing up was useless now. The only thing left in my head was memories and survival skills. I shut my mind off; not wanting to remember what was before now.

"Almost there darling, but I've got a few rules for you," Negan said, snapping me out of my pitiful daydream. I looked over at him, nodding, and he continued. "One; you must be at my side at all times, no wandering off. Two; we go in, we get supplies, and we get out. Three; no screwing around, I mean, unless you want to." He said, smirking and then winking at me.

I shook my head and looked back out the window. In the reflection of the window, I could see myself cracking a smile and I could see Negan looking at me, smirking himself.

Simon pulled off the road and went through a patch of woods on a dirt trail before he pulled up in front of a family owned convenience store. Simon and Negan went out the driver's side and Negan came around to open the door for me.

I followed Negan as he rounded up his men and reminded them of the rules.

"Let's go then. No more than twenty minutes men," Negan swung his bat over his shoulder, no doubt this was his signature move, and spun towards me. "Shall we, darling?"

He walked towards the shop, and I followed behind him, watching his hips sway as he waltzed in without a care. His boots clicked on the tile and echoed through the store. He walked to the back of the store, searching the middle aisle while I searched the one to the left.

I was told to take anything that could be useful, but to keep an eye out for food, clothes, water, and weapons. While searching the debris in the aisle, I found batteries under a fallen shelf wrapped in some jumper cables.