chapter viii.

"WHAT THE fuck was that?!" He boomed, startling me and causing me to panic. "Carson, stay here with her. Don't let anyone come into this room unless it's me." He demanded, grabbing Lucille and slamming the door.

Carson locked it behind him and moved a cabinet up against it. I sat up and winced in pain, Carson looked over at me. He grabbed a needle and filled it with something before injecting it into my arm.

"Morphine, it'll help with the pain." He said as he looked up at me. I only nodded my head and looked down, still disappointed with Negan.

I know what I saw in his eyes, but he didn't know it yet. I hoped he would figure it out soon, for his own sake anyway.

Carson ran into his office and came back out with a gun, loading it and placing it behind his pants. He moved the knife from the table to beside me before putting my arm into a sling.

"Just in case." He said, walking over to the window and gazing out.

"See anything?" I asked, knowing if I moved, it would cause immense pain. Carson moved to my side and sat in the chair that was previously occupied by Negan.

"All I see is a bunch of men crowded around one of the supply trucks, Negan in the middle." He reported, sighing.

"Do you think he cares at all?" I asked, feeling blue. I began to play with my hands, feeling tears on my cheeks. I wiped them away, and Carson cleared his throat.

"y/n, I've known Negan since the beginning. I know he cares, he just doesn't know how to deal with those emotions. You just have to give him some time." Doctor Carson said, taking my hand.

I gave him a small smile and nodded my head. There was a knock on the door and Carson grabbed the gun.

"It's me." Negan said, his voice booming. Carson got up from his chair and moved the cabinet out of the way before unlocking the door, opening it for Negan.

I looked up at him, drying my tears and my eyes widened at the sight of Carl.

"Carl?" I said, moving to get up, but the pain was unbearable. I winced and Carl went to move next to me, but Negan stopped him. "Please, Negan." I begged, my eyes boring into his.

"Alright," He said, nodding and letting Carl pass. Carl's arms wrapped around me tight, my arm screaming in pain, but I ignored it. "Be careful, kid. She was just shot."

Carl backed up, looking at me with sad eyes, "We miss you."

"What are you doing here, Carl?" I asked, suddenly confused. Carl looked down and played with his fingers.

"He was the one who fired the shots. Killed two of my men. And speaking of, come with me, kid." Negan said, his voice showing authority.

I looked over at Negan and his eyes met mine. I gave him a worried look, "Negan, don't you dare do anything to him." I seethed through clenched teeth.

"Like you're the boss of me, sweetheart." He retorted, suddenly his demeanor becoming sharp. The corner of his mouth lifted into a smirk.

"Fine, then I'm coming with you." I said, pulling off the covers and slipping off the bed.

"No−" Negan started, but I finished for him.