chapter vi.

DWIGHT ESCORTED me to Negan's room, for maybe the hundredth time since I'd been here. I hadn't bothered to change my appearance as I was dressed in a tank top and woven shorts and my hair was thrown up into a messy bun.

I carried the plate of fruit with me, knowing it would please Negan to see I was eating. Dwight opened the door and I walked in, the door shutting behind me. And again, I was alone with Negan.

"Hello?" I called, seeing Negan nowhere in the room. I strolled around, taking in the delicately designed interior and wishing mine looked just as nice. I felt my senses awake as my feet walked along the cold concrete.

"Back here, darling," Negan called back and I jumped, startled at the sudden noise. I followed his voice and found him sitting at a desk, reviewing papers of some sort. "Good afternoon, sleeping beauty."

"Afternoon? How long was I unconscious?" I asked and Negan leaned back in his chair, sighing.

"About two days. Why didn't you tell me you weren't sleeping, or eating?" He asked me and I suddenly felt angry. I threw the plate of fruit onto his desk.

"You really expect me to tell you?! You took me from my home and you expect me to be okay with it? You just expect me to sleep like a baby at night? Well, I've got news for you, I don't. I don't sleep like a baby or eat because I'm constantly worried about Alexandria. I lost two more people that I cared about because of you!" I yelled, trying to catch my breath afterwards and feeling my body failing again.

My legs buckled and slammed onto the concrete and I cried out in pain. Negan rushed over to me and tried to help me up, but I pushed him away.

"y/n, let me help you! You aren't in good shape." He said, grabbing my arm and helping me to my feet.

"Why do you care?" I spat, yanking my arm out of his grasp and backing away from him. I glared at him and I saw it in his eyes. I saw the lust that was there before, but I saw something else.

He didn't say anything, but he didn't have to. I knew now that I wasn't just here as leverage, not anymore.

~

A week went by and I seemed to be feeling better, all thanks to Negan and his constant need to have someone watching me. Dwight was always with me during the eating hours to make sure I finished what I put on my plate and Negan had me logging my sleeping patterns.

I felt like I was in an asylum. But one where I had freedoms and I got to actually go outside. Except, no matter what I did, Negan or one of his men had to be with me.

My job today was to sort through the clothing and make piles based on their size. Negan's second-in-command, Simon, was helping even though he had better things to do. But Negan trusted him more than anyone else here and assigned him to watch me.

"You know, I have better things to do than sort clothing." Simon said, for the fourth time in the hour we've spent sorting. I rolled my eyes and ignored him, lifting up a shirt and checking the tag, throwing it into the medium pile.

"Why don't you go eat, it's about lunchtime." I told him, getting annoyed at his constant complaining. He shook his head as he checked the tag on a pair of jeans.

"I can't. I'm here with you until you decide you're ready to eat."

"Then let's go eat." I said, getting up and feeling dizzy. I stopped and grabbed ahold of a shelf to keep myself upright. My head spun and I felt a wave of nausea roll over me.