chapter xviii.

"WE NEED to be ready. We cannot sit here, with our dicks in our hands waiting for Rick to try to wipe us out." Negan said, addressing his top people in the Sanctuary. "So who has a plan?"

No one said anything and I could tell Negan was growing impatient as his grip on Lucille tightened. He slammed Lucille down on the table, the barbed wire creating new indents on the table and I jumped.

"We need to re-establish control. Now, I'm open to ideas here, so don't be shy." Negan continued, glaring at everyone around the table. I stood behind Negan, watching as Eugene and everyone else kept their heads down.

I looked out the window and saw a bunch of cars pulling up in front of the Sanctuary with metal hanging from the doors.

"Negan," I said, my voice a little shaky as I watched the people in the cars get out with guns and point them towards us.

"What's wrong, darling?" Negan asked, getting out of his seat and walking over to the window, Lucille on his shoulder.

He grinned his usual sadistic grin and walked towards the door. "Looks like we've got a little visit from our Alexandrian assholes."

Everyone that was in the meeting filed out onto the platform and faced the group of Alexandrians pointing guns at our building. They were all hiding behind their metal walls, but aiming their weapons at the Sanctuary.

"Well, I'm sorry. I was in a meeting." Negan said, swinging Lucille over his shoulder and walking up the yellow railing of the platform. "You know, I'm not feeling any reasoning behind shooting each other."

It was hard to stand for longer than fifteen minutes, so I leaned against the wall and watched as Negan addressed Rick and the rest of Rick's people.

"I don't want my people to die because I want to play 'my dick is bigger than yours', which it is." I rolled my eyes at Negan's giant ego but was glad he hadn't mentioned me as a source to prove it.

"So, Rick, what can I do for you?" Rick pointed and named everyone on the platform, except Negan.

"You all have a place at Alexandria if you surrender. y/n, we'd be glad to take you back. You know it's a great environment to raise a child." Rick said, pointing at me.

"Well, that sounds mighty fine, Rick. What about me? I am the father of that child." Negan asked, holding out his arms and grinning. "We all know a child needs their father, Rick." Rick looked at Negan with hate and disgust.

"No. I told you what was going to happen. You know what's going to happen." Rick seethed through gritted teeth.

"No, Rick. You don't know what you're up against." I yelled, moving from against the wall to the railing beside Negan. "You are going to get the people you care about and everyone else killed because you can't stand being put in your place."

Rick looked shocked and hurt at my outburst, but he should've known by now that I was on Negan's side.

"These are your people too, y/n," Rick said, trying to sound strong.

"Not anymore."

Negan came up beside me and put his hand around my waist while he held Lucille on his shoulder with his other hand. "Well ain't that a bitch. Your best chance at getting to me has just failed." I looked up at Negan and watched him grin with satisfaction.