chapter i.

I STARE blankly at the gravel, the stones laced with blood and brain matter. My knees started to ache and I winced as I watched him swing his bat around, making jokes and laughing. The blood from his bat splattered onto my face as he veered around to read our reactions.

"Oh darling, you've got some blood on you," He said, kneeling down in front of me and wiping the blood from my face with his gloved hand. "All better."

He smiled at me, staring into my eyes and I knew he could see the fear in me. The way he bore into my eyes made me feel like he could see into my soul; like he could see that underneath, I was broken. He looked to his right and saw Rosita, staring at Abraham's mangled corpse.

"Oh, don't tell me. You and him?" He asked, then smiled and made a soft chuckle. "Well, that just sucks."

In an instant, Daryl was on his feet and he had punched Negan in the jaw. The bunch of us gasped, knowing damn well this wasn't going to go any better.

"Fuck no! I am not letting that shit slide. I said one free pass and then no exceptions or I would shut that shit down!" Negan was pissed. His grip on the bat tightened and everything slowed down as I watched him bring it down on Glenn's head.

Maggie cried out, my heart breaking for her as I watched her beloved fall. He started to rise again and I couldn't watch anymore. I closed my eyes, trying to focus on my breathing instead of the loud cracks of Glenn's skull.

The lights around me began to fade and I could feel myself losing consciousness. My breathing became shorter and choppier as I tried to keep myself from passing out. I did my best to keep my eyes open, but to no avail, they only continued to get heavier and my breathing uneven. The lights faded again as I let my eyes close and my head hit the gravel, knocking me out completely.

~

My eyes took a while to adjust as I opened them under a harsh, unknowing light. The room itself was bright as the walls were painted white and casted under LED lights while polished tools lay untouched on the counter.

"Negan, she's up." I heard someone report, looking over and seeing it was into a walkie-talkie. The man with the device wore a white coat and green scrubs, much like that of a doctor.

"Are you a doctor?" I asked, watching as he flipped through papers on a clipboard. He only nodded his head before he grabbed my wrist and taking my pulse. "What are you doing?"

He still said nothing, but continued to examine me. Negan walked in, wielding his bat, Lucille, on his shoulder.

"Morning darling," He greeted, smiling and grazing my chin with his finger. I snapped my head away, not wanting him to touch me after that horrible night. He only chuckled as I turned my head and he directed his attention to the doctor. "What's the report doc?"

"Well, she passed out because she had a panic attack.She started to hyperventilate and she wasn't breathing correctly, so she passed out," The doctor explained, Negan just nodding along as if he understood. "But she is fine now, although she will need plenty of rest."

"You got it doc. Come on, sweetheart, you heard the man." He said, pulling me off the medical table and leading me into the hall. I tried to force myself out of his grip, but it only got tighter and less bearable.