you don't get it do you

Emily POV
I still couldn't believe Zeke had the nerve to say shit about me and to take that new girl to our place.

I know I shouldn't be mad or anything because we are broken up, but still that's our place. That's where we first kissed, made out, and that was where I gave myself to him.

I was knocked out of my thoughts when I walked right into that new girl. "Oh my gosh I'm so sorry." She said as she looked at me with a sorry smile.

"Don't worry about it." I said about to walk away. "I'm Marybeth." She said with her hand stuck out.

I just looked at her then at her hand. "Emily." I said with no emotions on my face or in voice. She put her hand down and looked at me with a smile.

"So you are the Emily that Zeke always talks about." She said as I gave her a look. "What are you talking about?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh he just talks about you like how you can be very protective when it comes to people you care about and how you can friendly." She said with a smile.

"What are you trying to get at?" I asked as her smile dropped a little. "I was wondering maybe we can be friends." She said and I started to laugh.

"Oh God what? No, listen closely okay.  I don't know you but I don't like you okay.  Stay out of my way,and I'll stay out of your way. Stay away from me and I'll stay away from you and we won't have problems. You get in my way again and I will have no hesitation in kicking your ass. Got it?" I said as I started to breath heavy I took one last look at her than walked away.

After my little out burst I decided to go the park and and just sit and listen to all the birds and just try to relax.

"I knew you would be here." Said a voice that was behind but I didn't have to turn to know who it was. "What do you want Zeke?" I asked as I played with the necklace he gave me on our one year anniversary.

I know we are broken up but I couldn't take off. "I would like to know what has gotten into you?" He asked as he sat in front of me.

I looked up at him and shook my head. "You don't get it do you?" I asked as he just looked at me." Zeke, I still love you. And for you to go and take Marybeth to our place where we had every memory in our relationship just shows that you didn't care about it." I said as I got up to walk away but he stopped me.

"You know I cared about us. Hell I still do, you want to know why. Because I never took off the ring and you never took off the necklcvace." He said as I looked down at it with a pissed off look,not at him but at me for still loving him.

"I know you want to hit me right now, so just do it." He said as he made motions with his hands.  I looked at him in the eyes, his chocolate brown eyes that I could get lost in forever.

"You know I would never hit you." I said as he stepped closer to me. "I know you won't only if I piss you off enough right?" He asked with a chuckle at the end only to make me giggle and node.

"Yeah, I guess. Hey look why don't you come over to my place tonight and we talk you know see if there is away we can fix whatever is wrong." I said as I looked up at him to see him smile.

"Yeah as long as there is pizza." He said as I laughed and nodded my head. "I guess if you want some." I teased as we laughed. I saw him leaning in but I moved my head so he kissed my check.

"I'll see you later." I said as I walked away. God I hope I did the right thing.