Chapter 17 - Sheild

I've been racking my brain for days trying to figure out how to stop Liquid Diamond from reading our minds.

If there's anyway we're going to beat this guy, that's the way to do it. I just got to figure out if there's any counter power.

There usually is, but at the end of the day it comes down to which person is stronger. Kind of like how fire and water are opposites, but if the fire person has more power than the water person it doesn't matter what the laws of nature are. So we need to find out if there's a counter power to mind reading and go from there.

I picked up my phone to call the agency.

If there was any place in the world to know about all of the possible powers, that was definitely at the top the list.

"Hey Boss???"

He seemed surprise at my call, "Yes?"

"I have an update on Liquid Diamond. He has a mind reading power. I was calling you to ask if there was any counter power?"

I heard typing on a computer, he must be looking in his database.

"Umm... yes."

He sounded a little bit hesitant, "And....?"

He took a deep breath and said, "Well there is only one person alive with the power and he is 67 years old."

I thought about it for a little bit before applying, "Well that could be a good thing or a bad thing."

"How could that be a good thing???"

I smirked, he obviously didn't know much about old people except for stereotypes.

Here's the thing: Old may be a disadvantage in the sense that the person may not be as strong as they once were, but that isn't always the case. Sometimes the older you are the more powerful you are because the longer you've been alive the longer you had time to explore the length of you power and how to control those things.

I told boss, "Just set up a meeting with him and let's get to the bottom of this."

"Will do."

"Thanks." I hung up.

Now, just maybe... We have a real shot at getting this guy.

I just hope it doesn't cost me my happiness.