[new message from Sealion 💘]

The cafe is actually quite nicer than both boys could anticipate. It's larger on the inside, fitting multiple tables and booths, as well as a glass display of all the pastries and cakes they serve. There wasn't anyone in line, all the customers were sat down at a booth with their food. No one sat at the regular tables, oddly.

Brice was just about to look at the menu when the employees that stood behind the glass display began to speak. It drew away his focus.

"Seto, is this the guy you've been texting for like the past two days? The fabled girlfriend who's actually your boyfriend?" A male with sunglasses shouts. Seto's face goes completely red with embarrassment.

"Adam, if you'd be kind enough to shut up," his co-worker rolls his hazel eyes, scoffing.

"Oh, c'mon Mitch! You definitely want to know the answers, too!" The presumable 'Adam' shouts again in reply. "I never seen him around before! Is he from our school?"

Seto shakes his head, "He's just a friend."

Mitch slaps a hand over Adam's mouth before he could say anything, "What would you two like?"

"To leave," Seto grumbles, elbowing Brice in the stomach.

"I'll have a slice cheesecake I guess, also a cappuccino," Brice swiftly answers. "And I'm assuming Seto wants a slice of the strawberry cake with that chrysanthemum tea."

"How did you know I liked strawberry cake and chrysanthemum tea?" Seto whispers.

"A wild guess," Brice shrugs. "How much will it cost?"

"It's on the house," Adam shrugs. "I mean, considering you're both a match made in heaven it's the least I can do."

Seto groans again and goes to sit down. Brice waits for the food (as well as the drinks) and manages to deliver it to the booth without dropping anything. They both are situated in the corner, far away from the employees, and other customers, as possible.

They both sat across from each other, awkwardly. Brice doesn't even notice Seto's on his phone until he gets a notification. He pulls out his phone and chuckles.

new message from Sealion 💘

+

hi
sent at 3:04pm

Why are you texting me when we're
sitting right across from each other
read at 3:04pm

I'm nervous
sent at 3:04pm