Chapter Four

* Edited *
_______________________

Previously on You & I...

Before I could think of what I was doing, my mouth speaks for me. "Why?"

He stops what he's doing and looks up at me. "What?"

"Why did you help me?" I whisper.

He hesitates but shrugs. "You were in trouble," he simply says, keeping his eyes locked with mine.

"Yeah, but... you could have ignored me."

"Are you saying you didn't want my help?" He furrows his brow.

"No, no, of course not. I'm grateful that you saved me. I-I guess that... Never mind." I look away from his intense stare.

"Tell me," he whispers. His voice is deeper, raspier, and even more sexier than normal.

Still looking down, I muster up saying, "Harry, it's nothing, I swear."

He leans even closer. "C'mon. It can't be that bad."

I sigh and mumble, "You wouldn't understand."
________________________

Harry's POV

I watch Liv storm out of the room without another word. As I sit alone on the bed, a wave of emptiness occurs within me. I mean, yeah, she's nice to hang around with and she's interesting, too. Not like other girls I've encountered over the years. But the thing is, I don't like her in that way. I can't like her in that way. I fear that the same thing will happen to Liv, like it happened to--shut the fuck up, Harry, I scold myself. You need to stop thinking of the past and only focus on the present. Only on what is at stake here.

After a while of just sitting there, my thoughts eating away at my brain, I decide to get up and find Liv. I just hope she's still in the apartment. I can't let her walk alone at nearly four o'clock in the morning, and risk her safety. This part of the city isn't a safe haven--in fact, all of New York City isn't a fucking safe haven; it's a living Hell.

I walk out of the bedroom and as I look to my right, the door to the balcony is open. I let out a sigh of relief, knowing she hadn't left.

I make my way to the doorway and my heart warms at the sight of her. She has her back to me but I can still see her brown hair, glistening in the morning sunlight. My clothes that I lent her are too big for her petite body, but they satisfy her. She's leaned up against the railing, her eyes trained on the magnificent view. I grin at how peaceful she looks right now. She hasn't noticed me yet, but I want that to change. I can't help but want to help her with whatever that she is having trouble with.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" I interrupt the silence.

She jumps and turns around, showing me her bright blue eyes. Her lips twitch upwards. "Yeah... It is."

I walk over to where she was standing and lean on the railing with her. I join her at looking at the sight in front of us. I have to give the landscapers some credit, it truly is a beautiful sight. Before I had moved here, this place had dead grass, and wilting flowers and trees everywhere. It was an eyesore but now that it had been renovated, the garden looks like it had come out of a painting. It was the middle of spring and I'm hoping this will last a while before winter starts.

We stay there for a few moments before I interrupt the silence. "Are you okay?"

"Yes," she sighs.

"I have a question," I turn to look at her. She frowns but she doesn't look back at me.

"Shoot."