Chapter Seven

* Edited *
__________________________

Previously on You & I...

"Who was on the phone?"

He looks anywhere but me. "Nobody. It was nothing."

I nod, brushing it off.

Why is he hiding the phone call with Zayn from me? Was it really that bad that he doesn't even want to talk about it with me? What were they even talking about?

Did what happened only minutes before mean nothing to him? Was it just a fluke?

Did I mess up and pick the wrong guy? Again?
__________________________

Harry's POV (Earlier)

I stomped my way over to the kitchen to answer the dumbass' call.

"What?" I seethed, my teeth clamped together into an irritated form.

"Harry--," It was Zayn, "we need to meet up. Tonight." Knowing by how he said 'we', I assume we won't be alone.

"Zayn...," I huffed. "Can't we like, reschedule or something?"

"You know how Rick is. Once he's made up his mind there's no changing it."

I hesitate. "I don't give a shit, just call it off. I'm a little...busy...right now."

"What are you doing? You're not hanging out with that one chick, are you?"

I don't respond.

He sighs. "Harry, you do know what will happen if you start to hang with her, right? Psychotic things, man; it's too dangerous. Imagine if Rick found out about this. Dude, you'd be getting into trouble with the devil himself. Remember the last time he found out about you and...Maria?" I cringe at the use of her name. Now I'm really getting pissed. Not only do I have to follow Rick's stupid rules--and I still have to--but I also had someone, who was very special to me, be slaughtered right in front of my eyes.

"Oh, for fucks sake... Zayn, I don't want to hear your lame ass excuses, okay?"

"Alright. I'm just warning you, I don't want another girl dead." He pauses. "Anyway, Rick said that you have to meet up with him by nine tonight back at headquarters. The only other thing he said was that there was business to discuss between the two of you. I don't now anything else."

"What's in it for me?"

"What do you mean 'what's in it for you'? It's your job, dumbass. You have to show up or there are going to be consequences if you don't. Also, I want that girl to stay out of this problem for now. I don't want her messing anything up or stuff will go haywire. You can just drop her off at her dorm. But you cannot speak of any of this--of you, me, the boys, anything that's associated with this shit. Got it?"

"Will she be okay?"

"It's for the best, Harry."

"Fine, I'll meet up with you later."

"Remember, no speaking of this to Liv."

"Okay, bye." I hang up and sigh.

Why do I always have to get involved with this kind of shit? I don't want Liv to be left in the dark completely so she doesn't get hurt, but I don't have a choice. If I want her to...stay alive...I'm going to have to follow the goddamned rules. Fucking hell.

And I don't even know how Zayn even figured I'd be hanging with her, even though it's true. Sure, we're hanging out and having some sort of 'fun'. But when Zayn warned me to not get too close to her... Man, it's going to be difficult not to let anything slip. Her entire aura feels trustworthy.