Chapter Five

* Edited *
__________________________

Liv's POV

Walking back home from school with a ton of homework, and the fact that I had my daily session with Jason again made this entire day hell. I haven't told anyone of what's been happening lately, even though I should. But he threatened me if I did and I didn't want to put anybody in danger because of me being selfish.

I finally arrived at my house and when I stepped in front of the door, it was left ajar. I furrowed my eyebrows. Had I forgotten to shut the door this morning? My question was answered when I peered down at the lock of the door, broken. My eyes widened at the sight, fear trickling into my mind at the thought of something bad happening while I was gone. My little sister, Ellie, was sick today so she and my mother stayed in for the day. My father usually comes home early on Friday's while I was still in school, and Will was at football practice.

As I slowly stepped through the threshold, I gasped.

The entire house was completely destroyed: lamps were broken, cushions laid across the floor, broken glass, picture frames cracked, the TV shattered and smoking... What the hell happened?!

"Mom? Ellie?" I scream as I avoid the broken glass. No answer.

"Hello?!" Still no answer.

Fuck. Don't panic, don't panic...

I run around, frantically looking through doors, hallways, anywhere that might lead me to my family. The entire house has fallen apart and I don't even know what happened. I run upstairs and check my room; it's just like the chaos downstairs. I check Ellie's room next; same thing. And then Will's; same.

When I check Mom and Dad's room, two hooded figures dressed in black stand with their backs to me. I notice they all have silver pistols, fully loaded, in their hands. I gasp but quickly cover my mouth. The figures didn't notice my outburst. Good.

I try to remain as quiet as I could as I made my way toward the taller bodies. I look around them and my heart nearly bursts. Mom, Dad, Will, and Ellie duck taped and strapped down by rope.

No... This... this can't be happening. No, no, no...

I watch in horror as one of the figures lift their arms, aiming the gun at Dad. The others follow suit as they point at Mom, Will, and Ellie.

No, no, no, no!

"St-," but before I could stop any of them from taking my family away from me, they fire.
__________________________

I wake up to hands shaking my shoulders and yelling. "Liv, wake up!"

I snap my eyes open and let out a shrilled scream, trying to claw my way out of their grip but their hold on me is too strong. I feel the sides on either side of me dip down and a body on top of me. Fearing for the worst, but all the person does is wrap their muscular arms around me and whispers words in trying to calm me down. I let him and open my eyes, tears falling down my cheeks. Harry appears above me, his eyes wide with worry but they soften as my body relaxes.

"Liv, are you okay?" He asks.

I shake my head.

"Was it a bad dream?"

"I don't want to talk about it," I whisper, more tears escape my eyes. He takes one of his arms from around me and wipes away the tears, then leaving a gentle kiss on my forehead.

"Do you want and try to get some sleep?" I nod.

He begins to get off the bed but I stop him, grasping his wrist. "Stay," my voice was shaky, slightly cracking. "Please."

He nods and climbs into bed next to me. He wraps his arm protectively around my waist, his chest to my back as we snuggle up against each other. At a moment like this, I would have refused with no hesitation but I don't want to be alone right now.

After a few minutes of just staring into nothingness, I hear his light snores from behind me. Cracking a smile, I close my eyes and drift off to sleep as well.
__________________________

Crappy chapter but here's a clear-up for any of those who were confused: In the beginning, Liv was dreaming. She dreamt of her family because she dreadfully misses them. She doesn't know what happened when they disappeared or where they are now. She believes they were killed so her brain thinks of worst-case scenarios.

Hope that helped (:

~ Eva May ~

[Readers Goal: 30]