The Old Shannon Can't Come To The Phone Right Now

Sometimes when you look back on the story of your life you can notice those little things that helped to guide you along. Stumbling blocks and distractions along the way. Honestly if I could go back, would I do things differently? Correct mistakes. Make new choices, like the who and why of things. Probably not.

But before I get ahead of myself, let me go back. Refresh your memory a little....

Greetings to those new here, I'm Shannon Anderson, cousin to the famed ex-Warbler Blaine Anderson. Originally from that city at the confluence of three rivers, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. But due to my parents getting opportunities to teach in Europe of all things I had to relocate to my aunt's place in Lima for my senior year of high school.

No teenager wants to just pack up their lives and move right before the last year of high school. I know it wasn't MY first choice. But Lima did provide some much needed life changes. A respite from things in a way.  The ability to be in situations I never would have anticipated. Meet people who are now quite dear to me.

But as Spider-Man said, with great power comes great responsibility. And trust me when I say this, I may have far too much power right now over some people that are more fragile than they appear on the surface.

I left Pittsburgh a shy wary person, fresh off a year long heartbreak. My boyfriend was cheating on me with a girl I THOUGHT was my friend. It was horrid then, but trust me I'm long over that now. My current romantic situation is an issue of my own making.

My current situation....   it's a mess I swear.

Not even a full day in town and I met the man of my dreams.  Mr Tall, Dark and Handsome.  A complete paragon of a man, Sebastian Smythe.  One look in those sea green eyes and I was a goner.

We met on a Sunday.  Tuesday we kissed, twice in front of people but more than that in private by the end of the evening.  On Wednesday I officially became his girlfriend.  Then Saturday night, after a party at Dalton I gave him something I can never get back, my virginity.

I know it all sounds so very rushed, my relationship with Sebastian.  Especially when you take into consideration that he asked me to marry him, many times, the first being not even a month after we started dating.  Completely out of the blue, his heart speaking in place of his mind.   But seeing that man kneeling behind me, professing his undying love in front of a crowd of strangers is an image I will never forget.

The shining 3-carat diamond ring sitting on the ring finger of my left hand speaks for itself regarding my answer to his proposals. Despite the fact that the fingers of my right hand are currently intertwined with those of another man. And here is where it gets a little twisted for those of you that are new to my saga.

Because right now, I'm sitting here, being introduced to the parents of my boyfriend. The other man who is important in my life right now. Hunter.

Hunter James Clarington.

His name alone conjures up thoughts of a posh upbringing.  Dark mahogany paneled dens, red and black flannel, roaring fireplaces and the mountains of Colorado.

Not that Sebastian's doesn't. Sebastian Axle Smythe. All sauve, dashing, debonair, total French playboy.

But that's besides the point. I was talking about Hunter right now.

Hunter Clarington.

Rich, pompous army brat made good.   At least that is the side he is portraying these days.  But the story with he and I goes much deeper than that.  More than randomly hooking up with my ballroom dance partner behind Sebastian's back, then forcing us into this twisted threesome.  Never all three at the same time mind you, but still all inexplicably locked together in love. In hatred.