Seven

Later that night, we'd all gone out to dinner at an Italian restaurant around the corner. I had been caught up on everything that had happened in the last 3 months,  and everything that had happened the night we went on the run.

Apparently it had been Zamon's idea,  and he'd convinced everyone to go along with it, even Holland. I had to admit, I felt kind of betrayed. I felt like a coward, running away from a fight like that. Even though I was dragged out of the club house.

Hunter remained quiet about what he'd gone through when he'd been kidnapped. Even all these months, he hadn't told a soul. Although I was informed that Hamish hadn't made it. He was just another person who didn't make it. Another innocent who didn't deserve it. He'd been the one who found out Benji killed my parents, and I barely had the chance to thank him.

Hunter and I were sitting on the bed in out motel room on the second floor, not speaking, just staring. I think we were both overwhelmed. I'd had been waiting months for this,  and I didn't even think it was going to happen,  especially when I was arrested. My bag sat in the corner,  the one Holland had packed for me and told me they were for her.  It was my only real connection between home whilst I was on the run. I had a jumper of Hunters that's would wear to bed, that I refused to wash, because it still vaguely smelt like him. Maybe it didn't even smell like him, but it was comforting knowing it was his.

"Do you mind if I go for a shower?" I asked Hunter in a quiet voice. He gave me a reprimanding look, but smiled.

"Why would I mind?" He responded,  raising an eyebrow. I shrugged. He pulled me to him, and wrapped his arms around me. We sat like that for a few minutes. I could feel tears forming, and before I knew it I was full blown sobbing into Hunter's chest.

I was crying for my parents, for Kyle, for Mikey, Tyler, Dylan, Logan and Xander, who were my real first friends when I moved back home. I was crying for all the members we'd lost, for all the heartbreak we'd experienced, for all the worthless bloodshed.

Who knows how long we sat like that,  with Hunter holding me in his arms. I finally sat up and wiped my tears, looking at Hunter. He lent forward and kissed my forehead sweetly.

"Go have your shower." He whispered against my skin. I listened to him,  and entered the bathroom and locked the door.

I started thinking about the night we went on the run. After a few minutes, I remembered what Sebastian had said to me. Who had really murdered Kyle?. I couldn't help but wonder if it had been Hunter after all.  I mean,  his motive was so much stronger then Sebastian's. Hunter's sister had committed suicide partly due to her love for Keenan, and considering they assumed Kyle was Keenan, one of them shot first before thinking. But which one pulled the trigger?.

A knock on the bathroom door pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Jason's at the door,  he wants the clothes he was asking about?" Hunter's confused voice filtered through the bathroom.

"Oh right. In the side pocket of my bag, is a pair of Nike basketball shorts and a black sports bra. There's also a jacket in there.  Can you give them to him please?." I called over the running water. His reply was distant,  so I continued showering. I heard the door slam shut. After doing everything,  I turned the shower off and got out, towel drying my hair and body, before getting dressed in a black shirt and some sweat pants. I opened the door and found Hunter sitting on the bed, staring at something.

He looked up at me,  tears streaming down his cheeks,  and showed me a very familiar photo. I'd shoved it into my jacket pocket, the one Jason needed. It was Hunter's mother Caroline. Well, a photo of her lifeless body. It was the one we'd found in Benji's secret room.

I choked. I tried to speak as he slowly stood, but I couldn't find the words. He started to walk towards me, and something in me snapped. I felt like he was going to attack me. It might have been the emotional strain, or the turmoil, but I was generally scared. Of my beautiful Hunter. I wasn't thinking clearly. I was worried he'd hurt me, whether verbally or physically. Just the look on his face. So I blurted the thing that first came to my mind.

"Did you kill Kyle?" That definitely stopped him. It hurt him,  I knew. But it hurt me too. It was manipulation, but I knew I was doing it to him. He just stared at me. I had never seen that look on him.

"What?."His voice broke in shock.

I stumbled over my words, "It's-its just that, well when you were gone,  Sebastian, he um, he said that it could of been you who pulled the trigger. I'm sorry, I should've trusted you,  I was wrong and-" He cut me off, raising his hand to silence me.

I opened my mouth to defend myself,  but he just turned and stormed out the door,  slamming it behind him. I stalled for a minute, before pulling the door open to run after him. I ran straight into Zamon. He took one look at me before speaking, "What's wrong?"

I ignored him for a moment. Looking down both sides of the motel,  then I leaned over the balcony, but I couldn't see him.

"Rebecca?" Zamon said, and I turned to face him. "What happened?" He reiterated. I bit my lip then put my face in my hands and basically slumped against the wall.

"I fucked up Zamon,  I really fucked up."