Chapter 24

HARRY’S P.O.V.

The three of us pile into a small black car, Nick sitting between his new boyfriend and I. We stay quiet as Nicco directs the driver in Italian.

“So, Nick. How did you two meet?”

“We’ve actually been keeping in touch for a while.”

Why didn’t he tell me he was talking to someone? I always felt like we were close.

“Gee, thanks for telling me.”

Nick playfully punches my shoulder and drapes an arm around Nicco’s.

“No need to be jealous, Styles. We’re still mates. Took you long enough to tell me about-“

“I know. It’s fine.”

I’m nervous at his relaxed attitude toward Louis and I’s relationship. If he almost blurted it out right then, is it possible that Nicco

already knows? I don’t know him; he can’t know about me and Louis.

I look at Grimmy and wait for him to make eye contact with me. I mouth the words ‘does he know?’ and Nick shakes his head, no. He doesn’t seem worried and I start to think perhaps he wasn’t going to say it out loud.

“Well, Nicco, I’m glad to meet you, even if Nick here never said anything.”

“Thanks, Harry. Same here. We just wanted to keep it quiet; he wanted to tell you.”

“I know how that is.”

I grin sheepishly and turn to stare out the window, admiring the lights against the night sky. Soon after, we pull up to the hotel we are staying at and it’s surprisingly empty on the sidewalks; probably because I made them leave early so no one was expecting us back now. Still, we hurry inside and make our way up the elevator and to the appropriate level.

“Do you want to come hang out with us for a while?”

Our rooms are connected, but I can tell they want alone time.

“No, it’s alright. I need to call Lo-someone, anyway.”

Nick pats my back and unlocks the door to his room as I turn the knob of mine. I walk in as Nick closes the adjoining door between our rooms. I stroll into the bathroom and immediately find my phone sitting on the floor where I knew I had left it. Seven missed calls and five texts. All from Louis. I grin and call him back.

“Hey, love. Guessing you’re back?”

“Yeah, just got here.”

We are both silent for a bit and I can hear the two next door giggling and chatting. I sit on the edge of my bed and see Nick’s light shut off.

“I wish you were here, Lou. I miss you already.”

“I know, babe. I miss you too. I’ve got a surprise for you when you get back.”

I smile and scold him instantly.

“You know I hate being surprised. Especially whenI know something is coming.”

“I know. I just want you to keep thinking about me while you’re over there. ‘What on earth could my lovely boyfriend be planning back home?’”

I scoff and lay back against the pillow. Soft whimpers and less talking seeps through the walls.

“As if I don’t think about you enough.”

“Hmm. Think about me how?”

“I’m not trying to be perverted, Lou.”

“No, but I am.”