IXV

Back in the royal box the girls were sharing answers to the questions they had asked Devon but all I could think about was how many girls would last at the end of tonight after the ball.

If they really want to decrease the numbers they should push it down to three but they'll probably like to keep it spicy and drop it to 5.

"So, you gave the mundanes food," Simone starts coming in from behind me, "How cute."

It didn't sound like praise more like a condescending judgement.

"Well they look appreciative." I reply looking out of the box where the paps are eating happily.

"Smart, using the people who are going to be writing about you to win them over just like you did Devon." She says with tight eyes which reminded me of Cheryl and how they're from the same pack. "Everyone knows you're sleeping with him."

"Actually, no one knows because it's not true." I reply dryly, "They were hungry, I gave them food. Anyone would do the same."

"But you're using them to your advantage. Everyone thinks you're some innocent girl but I see right through you." She hisses before leaving me.

This game has really got to everyone's head.

Sighing I realise that not everyone has the right intentions, they're too busy trying to get the Prince, they've forgotten their morals.

The Queen enters the royal box and we all bow, "There's no need, I'm here to tell you who's leaving." She says her voice static once more.

She must be really scared to be dying in three days.

"Lila Hamilton." The queen starts and she gets up, hurt clear on her face as she leaves the royal box.

"Talia Talpha." The ice queen from the north got up, keeping her face stale as she walked away

"Saffron Myers."

The names continued until there was only 11 of us left and I looked around the room; Simone, Miranda, Remy, Victoria Johnson, Mallory Winters, Quinta Filip, Iris Keller, Pria Sabo, Lena Ashcroft, Mira Eliza and myself.

"This last girl really got to me because it hits something I'm very upset about so yes, this is very bias." The queen admits and Simone gives me a look to which I roll my eyes at, "Miranda Hearr."

My eyes widen a fraction upon Miranda's name being called.

"I may not be able to see my grandchildren but that is my problem to deal with and not yours to inform everybody about." She says trying to keep her emotions from showing but failing.

We all watched as Miranda nodded her head and left the box, I saw a few girls releasing a breath, glad they'd made it to the 10.

The Queen then scanned the room, "Congratulations. The Prince chose you all individually from today's challenge where you have portrayed yourself in the best light. You'll be allowed into the Masquerade Ball where The Prince and other high leaders will be attended. It's your job to identify the Prince out of the Men that will be there. Who ever is left, will be in the final."

So this is why they've kept the prince under lock and key, so we would decide on who we think he is.

They're possibly going to throw all sorts of men at us and we're going to have to be smart enough to weed them out.

*

Guiel is happy every time he sees me.

He said it's because he's never sure what the agenda of the Royals are and what they're looking for meaning he doesn't know if I'm ever going to come back.

"I heard you told the paps about my dress." He says as he continues sowing on my new gown which is silver inspired by my first ever gown.

"Of course, it was beautiful as usual."

He grins, "I had a butt load of calls coming into the castle from different people asking me to do it make dresses for them. I might actually be able to leave this place."

I smile in return glad that he's getting what he wants. He's lived here for so long, it's time he goes out and shares his talent with the rest of the word.

"Just make sure you don't forget me when you're a famous designer."

"Never." He smiles.

There was a knock on the door and I open it to see Devon in a suit.

"You're one of the Men?" I question and he pulls out a mask which I try to commit to memory to not get confused.

"There are a lot of us, can't tell you who exactly but I can tell you the Prince is tall."

I give him a blank look, "You're tall too. That doesn't help."

Guiel laughs lightly, "Pretty sure the Prince wouldn't be able to keep his eyes off you once I'm done."

I smile at him and Devon shrugs, "You look alright."

Guiel glares at him, "She looks beautiful."

"Like I said, you're not my type but you do look nice." He says

"I think you look like a queen." Guiel tells me and Devon shrugs once more before leaving, "I don't know why I ever thought you'll be sleeping with him."

I laugh in response as he finishes my dress.

"Do you think the prince is handsome?"

Guiel looks at me with a bemused look, "I thought you didn't care."

"I don't," I reply defensively, "I'm just intrigued by him."

He hummed as if he didn't believe me, "Well I'm sure he is, with the King has his father, he'll have really good cheekbones."

I think about it and nodded, the king was good looking, despite his age.

"I'm sure you'll be able to spot him from far away."