III

We followed Leroy down several corridors before pausing in front of a gold clad door.

Leroy instructed us to wait here and before he could knock on the door, it opened and a girl ran away crying.

Good God, is the screening that cut throat?

Leroy held the door open for us, "Good Luck."

I gave him a wary look before entering the room first.

In the middle sat a silver haired woman just like Charlize except hers was natural.

1000 years and she still looks beautiful.

The TV does not do her any justice, she has virtually no wrinkles. The only give away about her age was her hair which was tied elegantly.

"Welcome, Candidates. I won't commit any of your names to memory unless I or my husband or the Prince likes you, this being stated, you still have to introduce yourself. Start Left to Right."

Cold. Detached. She probably doesn't want to have favourites this early on.

Valarie bowed, "Valarie Westero, Your Majesty, I'm from the Emerald Pack."

Emerald Pack? No wonder she's so bubbly.

The Queen gave her the once over, taking in her appearance and wrote something down on her pad.

"How old are you child?"

Valarie tensed, "17."

Valarie did give off a childish aura, but that comes with her light hearted personality

"Young." The queen comments and I'm pretty sure I saw Charlize smirk.

"Young but Wise, your Majesty." Valarie tries and the queen stares at her blankly

"I doubt it."

Harsh

Next was Cheryl, she bowed elegantly like she's been trained, "Cheryl Velaries, from the Velaries Pack, Your Majesty."

The Queen pursed her lips, "Your great great great grandfather once tried to kill my husband."

This looked like it was news to Cheryl as her eyes widened ever so slightly. She should have been briefed about a possible history with the Royal Family if she's trying to win.

"I assure you I have no prior knowledge of that, please don't persecute me due to my ancestors foolishness."

The Queen hummed before writing down on the pad once more.

Sapphire then bowed, "Sapphire Belthazar, Greyhound Pack."

"You're young too, I presume." The Queen states after giving Sapphire a quick look over. "You do look wiser than contestant number one."

She's forgot Valarie's name already?
She really isn't going to commit any name to memory.

"I'm 17 aswell, your Majesty but being the Warrior's only child, I have a lot of responsibility in my pack."

"Then maybe you should stay in your pack." The queen quipped, "Or join the royal army and not become a Queen."

Sapphire opened her mouth but couldn't find any words which resulted in her closing it again.