Yusuke x Shy!Reader (Soulmate AU)

For @despairinqly ,I hope you like it!
*WARNING!*
-Contains soulmate AU twist,basically,when all you see is black and white but once you make eye contact with your soulmate you start to see in color, and once you die,your soulmate reverts to seeing black and white.
-Contains Angst and Death toward the end,not for the light hearted viewer,so viewing discretion is advised.

All you saw was black and white.
Nothing made sense to you.
Everything around you was colorless and null.
You felt pretty emotionless and you tried not to be a bother to others.
You saw no meaning to things,so you ask yourself,
"What's the point...?"

You were relatively quiet and shy,mainly because you had anxiety around other people.
You felt like they couldn't be trusted,which made you in return be pushed away by others.

You didn't mind,you felt safer being alone.
You were an introvert after all.

But then again,there were times you would wish you could be different.
In any way possible,whether it'd be by feelings,nature,overall yourself.
You just wanted something different.
You always say,you are comfortable being alone on your own pace.
But at the same time,it caused you to want to get out of this...cage.
A cage of imprisonment,where no matter how hard you struggle,you can't seem to change anything.
Many people had the loose to influence and provide change into the world and other people.
So why can't you?
Everything to you seemed to be a bore...
You had this feeling of emptiness inside of you that would swallow you whole.
You wanted to feel different
You wanted to be different.
You pray to whatever God or anyone to help you get out of this state you are in.
But it was no use.
You just saw life as a....inconvenience.
Everything was same old same old.
To you,everything you saw and felt....
Is just...dull.

You begged,plead,wished....
All for just something to change you.
To change your life.
This fateful day....
Gave you that.

It was just a rather slow day in Shibuya at nighttime.
You just came back from the same supermarket that you went to ever since you were a child.
You were just carrying some groceries until you noticed across the street,there was a festival in the plaza filled with people singing,dancing,and painting.

'Must be a culture festival I guess.'

You were just about to move along until you noticed a certain person who was sitting on the sidewalk,an easel and a canvas in front of him.
He was painting a beautiful painting,it seemed.
You assumed there must have been beautiful colors on it,since all you saw black and white.
But it still had a very majestic design.

He put his brush down and felt like someone was watching him.He pulled himself of his work and took a glimpse at you.

You blinked for a few seconds as you stood there in awestruck looking at this boy.
Why you ask?

You saw color.
For the first time in your whole life,you saw color.
You couldn't believe it.
You looked into his deep gray eyes and took a gander at his dark blue hair with somewhat parted bangs slightly covering one of his eyes.
For the first thing you ever saw in color,you had to admit...

He looked absolutely gorgeous in your eyes.

You didn't know why,but an urge came over you as you wanted to get closer to this newfound source of color.

This was your chance.
This is what you've been waiting for.
You couldn't just hold back any longer.

You dropped your groceries,not caring about them anymore,you had a more important task.

Find the source of the solution,and never let it leave your sights.
You wanted this feeling of warmth to last for eternity.

Unfortunately,fate had other plans.
You ran as fast as you could to the boy,even if it meant running through the street,you just didn't care.

You needed this person.He had what you always wanted after all.

But due to your impatience,karma struck you back with a mighty force.

Suddenly,a white flash came over to your eyesight.
You got hit by an incoming truck,causing you to lose balance and collapse onto the street.
The driver pushed the brakes,but it was too late.
You were in pain.And you slowly started to come back to seeing black and white...

"No no no....Don't do this to me...."

You said weakly as you heard faint noises of other people yelling at the scene.

Suddenly,you saw an angel come over you.
It was the boy you were chasing after.
Your eyesight was getting hazy,and you all you heard was white noise.
But what you saw was the boy screaming and crying by your side,holding your bloody hand.
You wish you could hear what he was saying,but it was no use...
You started to black out....

And those were the last colors you ever saw...

Red.
Just like blood.
And now,you didn't need to worry about always seeing black and white ever again....

Everything's gone now.