Chapter Ten: Connection

Leave a comment of what quote I should make a story out of...

I was back in the black void with the even darker shadow of myself. "So you're Delves?" I asked hesitantly, looking at the shadow for conformation. It turned it's slightly to the side, before shrugging with a slight nod. "I don't understand what that vision was, it shouldn't have even been possible... How did you- I don't- but..." I sighed in desperation, trying to find the the words for my questions to no avail. 

Delves seemed to understand though for it said, "You will understand all in due time. Don't worry about it, trust me. Oh and Ashley, he is wrong for the most part; that Anthony boy. You will understand what I mean later." 

Our connection broke and I was whisked back into consciousness.  "Ash, Ash. Goddammit Ashley open your eyes." Alex shouted desperately, roughly shaking me to try and wake me up. My eyes stayed closed and my body motionless, regardless of any and all efforts I put into moving myself or speaking.

"What happened to her?" Chris asked with a slight tinge of panic seeping into his voice.

"I went to get her and she was meditating, so I told her to get up and she said no because she was almost there and about a minute later, she just fell over and went unresponsive." Alex responded, putting his hand on my forehead to presumably check temperature.

Anthony spoke next, "How long has she been like this?" I heard clothes rustling next to me and sighing moments after.

"Awhile before you guys came. What are we supposed to do with her?" Alex finally responded, his hand leaving my forehead and my body involuntarily shivered for a moment. Everyone froze and I felt their eyes bore into me. 

Motion evaded me again though and soon someone's warm hands lifted me off the ground, scaring me half to death though it probably didn't show. Brad's voice rumbled against me, making me assume it was him who had picked me up, "There's not much we can do about whatever is happening, she doesn't seem to be responsive and shaking her obviously isn't helping anything, I think we'll just have to wait and ask later when she's awake."

 I wasn't really aware that we had moved until he set me down on my sleeping bag and left, leaving me with little to do. After quite a few attempts to something, I gave up and drifted off to sleep.

I know this chapter is really short, please forgive me though because for some reason it was just a beast to write for me. I have literally been trying to write this chapter for almost a week and I literally just finished this chapter so I have no buffer left on my chapters. Guess I'll have to get crackn' so I can have my buffer back for school. Anyways, Happy Camping!