Lauren

Even though I would love to go to Cali with London there are just some things a girls gotta do. I drive pass thru this town and see a for sale sign on a house. I pull into the driveway and go to knock on the door.

"Don't bother knocking honey come on in." The voice came from the window on the porch looking into the foyer. I walk in and to the immediate left there was a living room with a fire place. Straight ahead was the stairs and to the right the kitchen. The woman dried her hands then extended a hand to greet me.

"Owwe when are you due?" She ask noticing my belly

I look down and smile "In about four more months." She smiles

"Well this is a perfect place to raise a family! It has three bedrooms and two baths with a two door garage. It has a very spacious living room and dining area. What people love the most is the kitchen."

We walk into the kitchen and I instantly see why the love it. "It's completely refurbished from the counter tops and floors to the appliances and counter doors! There is a breakfast bar and island. And through here is your back yard."

We leave out the back door connected to the kitchen area.

"I love this!" I say admiring how much room is back here and the ideas I have to spruce it up. She gave me the rest of the tour of the house and I'm in love. This is perfect.

"So how did you like it?" She ask handing me a sheet of paper

"This was my third house today and I know I found the right one." She claps her hands together

"Perfect! The owner's are looking to get the house signed away as soon as possible so we should discuss terms and policies and the monies."

_____________________

I walk into my apartment, its a weird atmosphere in here. I sit my tote on the counter top and lay these moving boxes in the hallway leading to my room. I walk through my apartment thinking of what I should start packing up. I go into the kitchen, grab me a glass and a bottle of wine. I sit at my portable island and take a sip. I can't help but reminisce on the good and bad times I've had in this apartment.

I get up and start forming boxes deciding to start packing up my living room. I take books off my shelf and place them in a box. A folded piece of paper falls onto the floor. I pick it up and begin to read what's on it.

I know what you did to London, Jimere and even though Lauren is blind to the fact, she will find out soon. You're a snake and I'll kill you before you ever lay another hand on them.

I look over the whole paper front and back. "Who the fuck would write this?" I say out loud to myself "Why would he keep this? What the fuck did he do to London?" I call Jimere

"Bitch don't call me." He says calmly then hangs up. I go to call London but it goes to voicemail.

"It's too many damn secrets around me!" As soon as I say that my baby kicks me on the bladder. After my little pee break I start back packing up, but still trying to figure out that letter.

______________________

"Sign here, here, here and here! Initial here, here... Oh sign there and initial here." She flips more pages that we've already went over.

"Okay Miss Hamilton here are your keys and a copy of your mortgage agreement. You've paid the most so you know your payments are low and few years left."

"Yes!" She looks over some other things

"All you'll have to pay in two years are taxes and the house will officially be yours." I clap my hands, excited about my big move away from Jimere and this life he pulled me and my girl into.

"So you ready to move in." I smile, attach my house keys to my car keys, pick up my tote and grab my papers.

"Not yet I'll probably move in a day or so, I still have a few things to finish up at my old place." She smiles

"Well enjoy your new home Lauren and I hope all works in your favor."

I walk out of the realtor office and head to the Walmart. I get a small push cart because I'm only getting dinner for the night. "Ren!" I turn around hearing my name. "Ugh spare me." Tierra comes to me

"Lauren really? We used to be so cool back in the day. What happen?"

"You're what happen T.. The reason I or London even have a record is because of you." She laughs

"Y'all made those decisions on your own. I didn't put a gun to your head." I shake my head and begin to walk away

"I don't even know why I waste my time! Heard you was pregnant, word in the streets is your baby gonna grow up without a daddy." She says in the distance. I ignore her stupid ass and continue to walk away.

After paying for my groceries I head to finish this apartment. The only thing left to pack up is my room and the rest of the kitchen. I cook my dinner, eat then finish packing up the kitchen and started on my room.

________________________

The next morning I wake up and I decide to go ahead and move to my new place so I call the movers I talked to earlier this week.

"Yea, so all you guys have to do is break down the bed and my vanity. Take my washer and dryer and the rest is light weight, its mostly boxes and totes."

"Alright you heard the lady." The owner of the moving company says to his employees.

While they are breaking stuff down, I begin to tidy things up. One thing my foster mom always told me was to leave a place the way I found it. About a couple of hours pass and there finally done, breaking down and packing everything on the truck.

"We're ready when you are." The owner says walking out the door.

I take off the key to the apartment and place it on the counter. I'm glad I'm rid of this place and all the years me and Jimere spent but the only good thoughts I have are the times me and August shared here.