running water

3rd person.

his words are harsh,
his hands are calloused,
and his reputation wasn't so pure.

graysons intake on cigarettes a day is a scary and an abnormal number. the amount of toxins that enter his body are at dangerous levels, but he couldn't care less.

one thing grayson actually liked, was soft skin. or any contact with a human being.

even though he did get the chance to trace the delicate skin of fragile bodies quite often, he never did.

he was always rough, a burning forest fire.

"oh! i'm so sorry!" a soft voice chuckled as he bumped into the infamous grayson.

all the taller boy did was grunt and push past the boy with the small frame, who was only being kind.

ethan hated frowns.
he hated that life was bad to some people.

he believed it was his job to cheer anybody, and everybody up.

whether it was a delinquent or an old homeless man, he took it upon himself to make them happy.

"excuse me sir?" his small fingers tapped on graysons worn out leather jacket.

"what?" his voice, like always, was harsh and sharp enough to cut down a tree.

"well... i was wondering if you'd like this flower?" ethan grabbed graysons hands and pushed them together to form a bowl-ish shape.

he placed the small daisy into his large hands, the contrast evident, and smiled up at the intimidating stranger, who failed to intimidate ethan.

normally, grayson would've thrown the flower on the ground and walked off, not caring about the small boy's feelings, but as soon as ethan touched his rough hands he went soft.

he went so soft to a point where he was actually scared.

grayson, being the rude person he is, never once had been in a romantic relationship were he actually felt happy.

maybe he should try it out.
maybe it would help him.

ethan did it.

he made grayson crack a smile. that was all he needed.

so of course, the feminine boy smiled back, and waved goodbye, turning on his heal to leave.

"w-wait!" the once harsh voice called out. his tone had changed from sharp glass, to smooth honey in just a matter of minutes.

"yes?"

"how do you turn a forest fire like me so soft i turn into running water?"

another rupi laur inspired oneshot jsjsjsj there will be lots of these... THE POEM THIS ONE WAS INSPIRED BY IS ON PAGE 65!