CHAPTER 6

"Are you in for some ice cream my little princess?" Dr. Alex Chile asked his little girl, Abigail. Although he was a chief doctor and one of the smartest brains in the health sector, he always created some time in between his schedule for his little princess.

Abigail was the princess to a Queenless castle. She was his pride, his reason to laugh and his reason to live. She was his everything. His only child and the smile keeper in the house.

Dr. Alex's mansion was the biggest in the country side and even the country. During
weekends he took his little girl for horseback rides. And during his free time they would play with the animals in the farm, milk the cows together, collect eggs and even wash the dogs.

Today was ice cream in the park day. Dr. Alex bought her her favourite unique flavour; Vanilla with chocolate on the top, not a usual flavour to many children her age, Alex knew she was exceptionally unique girl. He expected anything from her. "Geniuses are unpredictable,'' he always told himself.

The walk on the park was fun especially for Abigail since Alex carried her almost everywhere they went.

The fun didn't last long...

Alex suddenly fell down with Abigail still on his back. Though she was only seven at that time the memories of the fateful day were still fresh. How her father held her hand tightly with his dying pulse and told her how he loved her his smile still on his bloody mouth. " don't let them in...," were his last words before he closed his eyes and went cold.

As she was drawn from her deep thought, the words "don't let them in" echoed on and on in her mind till it faded away. Everybody was now looking at her. The two lawyers had finished talking. She hadn't heard a single word of the conversation.

Amos came to her rescue and summarized all what the lawyers had said. "As you've heard, Mr. Kaddy Marshal who was and still is your late fathers personal lawyer will be reading his will a week from now."

"Here is a recording of a secret message your father left you. He had ordered us to hand it over to you intact when you reach the legal age," Mr. David Liam said handing the drive to Abigail.

"What! A private message?" She asked as she ran to her room, memories of her father circling her mind with tears in her eyes.

He knew he was going to die...