CHAPTER 15

"In other news, a middle age man's body was found on the beach, his body was tied to four heavy stones approximately one kilogram each. Investigations are in progress," Was the news she saw on the television as she entered the house. Amos picture had been shown as the news was being shown.

This was too overwhelming for Abigail. "No! Not Amos, No!" she said as tears rolled from her eyes, cheeks and dripping from her chin. Jay had already passed out after hearing the news. The events of the day left Abigail broken. First was the death scare, then the woman then this. His actual death.

"Why him?" She asked herself oblivious of her brothers passing out. The ringing of the phone brought her back to reality. As she ran to pick the phone she saw Jays motionless body lay on the floor. She checked his pulse, he was fine. The shock from the news had made him pass out.

"I didn't want to lose you too," she said as she placed a cloth on his nose. "No! Not dad! No!" Jay woke up from his twenty minute slumber. Though he was the older one of the two, his heart was as fragile as a child's.

The phone was still ringing on the background. "Pick it," Jay said as he sat up. "Maybe its the police," she thought expecting a police man or woman's voice on the other side to inform him of the death. "Hallo! Amos residence," she answered as she picked up the phone. What she heard on the other side of the line left her dumb founded. She dropped the phone and went blank. "Who is it? What's wrong?" Jay asked as he wiped his tears and blew his nose. Abigail just stood there and stared shocked.

What had she heard?