CHAPTER 9

Lilian knew that everything had gone as she had planned. She expected a phone call any minute now. But when the phone rang, the tone of the man on the other side of the phone who she referred to only as Mill shattered her hopes.

"So, what was in the drive?" She asked expecting a ten word answer. "Nothing," Mill replied with a shaking voice as if in panic. He had to be. Lilian was known to be arrogant, harsh and strict. She would at times erupt like a volcano in a split second over meaningless issue.

Mill was in the frying pan today she was about to blow. Everybody who talked to her on the phone admitted to have placed the phone aside till she had spitted to her fill. "You people are just stupid, I give you a simple job and this is what you bring me? Inconclusive stuff and expect a pay from me? Don't call me if..." Mill had hanged up. Nobody hanged the phone up on Lilian, this would be the first time.

A failed job and a phone hang up had brought her to the brim. Whoever Mill was, his day for reckoning. She picked up the phone and speed dialed a number. "Terminate," she said. With a coldness in her tone, her sleep deprived red eyes an indicator that she was working on something.

"Sharleen! come here you lazy bone," she said. Sharleen was her secretary and once her great friend. They changed when she became drunk with power, after she was promoted to manager of the company, a medical firm that sealed with vaccines. The best seller in the country. Sharleen entered the room and sat down on the guest's blue office chair.

"Cancel all my appointments for today and call my lawyer, I want to meet with him today. Call Kaddy and inform him that I'll have coffee with him tomorrow at 3:20pm. Don't forget to call Mill, his number is on my drawer, tell him he will pay," she pointed to her drawer as she walked out of the room. "He will pay?" Sharleen said as she arranged Lilian's table.

Who will pay? Who was Mill