Chapter 2

That was 16 years ago. Abigail had prepared herself to watch the persecution of the heartless man who had taken her fathers life.

It had been ten years of hardening, torture and some electricticution and it was evident that the alleged sniper had no intention of speaking out. So the judge had given his final ruling that the man whose name was Alfred would be hanged at noon.

She and the other witnesses were to watch the execution behind the bulletproof glass, they were here for closure she needed answers. His cold eyes staring straight at her, his evil and cold smile brought more jitters on Abigail's body, she breathed through her mouth since it was the only way to prevent her from chocking on her anger. The monster's face was blank.

Amos, who had been Abigail's guardian since her childhood ordered Alfred to speak his last words before he was hanged "you'll never find your fathers body..." Even here in his death bed he persisted in tormenting her, denying her the slightest measure of peace. The noose was suddenly released and the man's body moved frantically as he was suffocating. Then stopped moving. He was dead.

Even though her fathers killer had been brought to justice and she was sure that he would never kill again Abigail was not satisfied, she knew that the man was sent and his bosses were still at large.

The man was dead but his actions still seemed fresh.