CHAPTER 18

"The company's vaccine sales have dropped by 89 percent since Alex's death," Yang said on the other side of the line. Not that Alex worked for the company but because he had discovered a cure. The cure threatened to leave the company in ashes as colateral damage.

Even though Alex was dead, the notion he had put into people's mind still lived on. "I'll not die before am through with my research," he would say. The drug threatened to revolutionise the world of medicine and Lilian was against that.

"What should we do?" Yang asked seeming to have lost hope in the company. How could a dead man cause all of these? They had to think of a plan and fast. "Hallo! Are you still there?" Yang asked confused to have been talking alone all this time. "Am here," Lilian answered with a low tone. The company was in an inescapable dilemma. It required a miracle to raise those sales and Lilian was good at making miracles happen.

"We will make our own cure," she concluded eventually. Young was confused, "A cure?" Over the years since Alex's death many doctors from all over the world had tried and failed. What made Lilian so sure that the doctors in the company would do get a breakthrough?

"Someone will help us," she said as she hang up the phone. Yang was left confused by the last words uttered by Lilian. The only person who knew the formula for the cure was Mossé and he had gone into bidding after Alex's killing.

Did she know the whereabouts of Mossé?
What was she planning?