CHAPTER 8

Abigail ran straight to her room, locked the door and fell on her bed. She dropped the flash disk on the floor and started sobbing loudly. "Why me? Why him? Why us?," she asked herself. They say people die, faces are forgotten, new lives are born and life moves on but memories still live on in our heads.

"Can I come in, Abigail?," Raveena, a cute black haired girl with tomato red lips asked. Abigail knew that Amos had called her. She was the only person who comforted her during times like these. She knew exactly why to say to her. "Come in," Abigail said with a flat and cold voice. She was shaking.

Raveena had never seen Abigail this sad, her sadness radiated on the air. Today she didn't know what to say. Even being a psychiatry student this situation was unexpected, unreadable, her weeping unconsolable. But being human and a good friend, she decided to cry with her. "Why me? Why him? Why us?" She asked, now looking at her with sympathetic eyes.

Being a smart girl she flashed her mind back some few weeks back in class, the only class she had attended in a month. Reverse psychology, where the patient was asked question on what was paining her. The lecturer had said the method worked. So this was her chance to try the method out.

"What's wrong? What happened this time? Is it about your dad's death? Is it about his death?" She started. Abigail looked at her straight in the eye. "No... Am afraid, am afraid I've forgotten my dads face, am afraid of what I'll hear when I open the flash disk," she said. The answer was unexpected.

"Just try I'll be here to watch it with you," Raveena said handing her the blue flash disk.

Abigail stared at the flash disk for a minute and noticed that it had writings on its side "Abg\3h1l3o4n5s\Alx- to my little princes". She stopped crying all of a sudden and took her laptop from her school bag and put the flash disk into the USB slot. There was only one file, a program file, she didn't understand what it was she clicked it.

"Don't Let Them In" was the only text she could understand out of all the other lines of code. She glanced at Raveena for a second, she was more shocked, it seemed that she expected more.

"Run the code," Raveena told her. Having gone through a programming class when she was a little girl, running the code to her was as easy as playing a chess match. Two second later a moving text flashed on the screen.

DON'T LET THEM IN MY PRINCESS...