CHAPTER 10

After almost six hours of trying to decode the program file and what it meant. Abigail and Raveena decided to call it quits. Abigail fell asleep and Raveena went home looking unsatisfied with what had transpired. "Sleep tight Abby," she told her as she tiptoed out of the room.

The next morning Abigail was woken up by Jay's hard knock on her bedroom door. She went to open the door when he pushed the door and forced himself in. The young man was disoriented and confused. "What's wrong?" Abigail asked with a mature and composed tone. You would have thought she was his elder.

"F...a...th...e...." He stummered, she held his shoulder warmly and with a sisterly look she slowly told him to take deep breath, it worked. "Now tell me, what's wrong?" She asked him once again.

"Father has been missing since after our meeting yesterday with the two lawyers. He had received an urgent call and had told me he would be right back after thirty minutes, he didnt want to wake you up. He never came back and is not picking up his phone," Jay said as he sat on Abigail's bed.

Being a retired Navy Seal, secret meetings were a usual thing to him, but the meetings never took more than three hours. "Maybe he is at a friends," Abigail said trying to be optimistic. Suddenly the door bell rang, they were sure it wasn't Amos since he always knocked the door hard.

"Is this the home of Sargent Amos?" The pot bellied police officer asked her. "Yes, what's wrong?" She asked knowing quite well that what she was about to hear from the policeman was not good news. "My name is officer Job. Am the chief investigations officer at the sheriff's and I have bad news," she knew what he was about to say but, "Sargent Amos' body was found fifty meters from the Mulleys petrol station today at exactly 6pm, he had gunshot wounds," the policeman said as he read from a paper.

"What!" Jay exclaimed as he collapsed.

Who killed Amos