Chapter 16

Crystal POV

"Crystal" Leon's voice changed into authority. He was serious this time.

"There's something out there" he said.

I nodded and we ran for cover. Leon took on the left side while I took the right. We took a peek at the way succeeding.

"Damn" I heard Leon mumble.

'Damn' was not the right expression for what we are seeing right now. It's absolutely impossible for us to get pass through an army of ganados and their dangerous weapons. Well I guess the word dangerous was an understatement.

I heard a noise from above and my eyes widened in bewilderment.

"Hey it's about time" Leon stated his hand on his ear smiling at the chopper above us.

Leon looked at me and smiled to which I took the time to return.

"Is it help" I asked the obvious.

León nodded.

"Take cover" I hear.

I looked back at the chopper that was trying to put a huge tank down. When it hit the ground a few ganados were crushed. The ground shook like an instant earthquake for a brief moment and it followed by continuous gun fires. I just watched in awe as the ganados get shot to death and how the tank exploded leaving a huge fire in its place and complete destruction.

Leon got out of his cover and I followed. The area was swept clean.

"Now that's what I call backup" Leon complimented.

"The name's Mike. If you're looking for firepower you have come to the right place" Mike the pilot of the chopper introduced via radio.

Leon looked at me.

"Let's move" He took the lead and I followed.

A ganado with a Gatling gun started to fire at us and we took cover inside a small tent a box of shotgun shells inside. Leon pulled out his Semi-Auto Rifle and waited for the firing to stop. He quickly shot the ganado and it led to Mike to target on the Gatling gun.

"Take cover!" Mike ordered through the radio as he started to shoot on the Gatling gun then followed by a rocket launcher.

We proceeded to move forward then a horde of ganados started to come out charging towards us with their weapons.

I pointed the red laser of my Handgun on the ganados flail and fired making him drop his weapon. I fired at his face making him whine and writhe in pain. I took that as an opportunity to perform a roundhouse kick on his stomach making him touch the ground with the impact of my foot.

"Take cover!" Leon exclaimed as a ganado prepared to launch a rocket launcher at us. Leon already took cover and I fired at the rocket launcher making it explode towards the horde.

"Oh yeah! God damn scumbags!" I heard Mike yell over the radio just as he just destroyed a Gatling gun making access towards the succeeding way.

Leon took the lead while I followed taking the stairs and shooting down a sturdy lock and kicking the metal door down.

The area was clear a box of handgun ammo was only lying on the corner and Leon snatched it. On our left was a closed metal door and beside it was a switch that blinked red.

I got into position while Leon flicked the switch making it blink green and as a cue the door slid open.

When we were out we saw a huge guy holding a Gatling gun and fired at our direction. We backed away crouching down and hiding.