Chapter 17

Noa's POV

Oh my god.... Today it's gunna happen! The big show. From the moment I woke up, I felt sick. Just like the day I auditioned. My hands tremble, I feel dizzy and my bottom lip starts trembling just before the 'big happening'.

"And 5, 6, 7, 8." Practicing was the only thing I had done. Practicing, practicing, practicing. Not that I was complaining though. I mean, I absolutely adore dancing. It's my favourite thing to do. The familiar music ended and as soon as it was, I ran to my water bottle.

"Fem and Noa?!" I heard Emily shout. Emily was there to let the contestants know what they needed to do. She was running around all the time, taking phone-calls and scribbling things into her little, green notebook. She was around the 50's and had red, short hair and emerald green eyes. They reminded me of the colour eyes that Harry has. The only thing is that his are way much more beautiful and they held lots of emotion.

"You need to be ready for your interview with E! in 10 minutes. Go fix your hair and makeup! You don't want to look sweaty and tired on TV." We ran towards our dressing room and straight to the mirror. I added a coat of mascara onto my long lashes and combed my hair through.

"Noa?" Fem spoke.

"Yes?"

"That bruise from the other day... Is it gone?" She remembered.

I hoped everyone already forgot about that, but it delivered so much curiosity, that they kept asking if it's already gone.

"Almost." I snapped.

I looked up at her face, and I could tell that she was embarrassed.

"If I may ask... Where did it come from? You know... The bruise." Little did she know where it came from.

"I already told you. I fell." I lied.

"Don't tell me you think I really fall for that, do you?" She suddenly shouted.

"If I don't want to talk about it, it's my choice. These things are my problems. It's the mess that I made and I need to clean it up! I'm a big girl. I can handle things on my own!!!"

"I know you are big enough to choose for yourself Noa! I just... I just don't want to loose you." She whispered the last part.

I put my arms around her, embracing her into a warm hug.

"I'm so sorry." I said.

"I wish I could tell you..."

******

"So here's what you're gonna do. Just be yourself, smile a lot and answer the questions properly."

Emily smiled one more time before she ran off again. We sat down into our chairs and waited for the interviewer to come. A girl came running towards us and added some more powder to our makeup.

"Hello girls!" The journalist walked into the room. She's probably new. I've never seen her before. We shook hands and she sat down.

"It's a pleasure to meet you two. You guys are so amazing."

"Ahw... That's so kind! Thank you!" Fem cheered.

"I'm Jessica by the way."

"Okay girls! We will start in 20 seconds!!! Remember, it's live!" The man behind the camera announced.

"Okay. Stay calm... Stay calm." The girl named Jessica said to herself.

"Don't worry. You'll do great!" I tried to calm her down.

She blushed and looked down, not used to getting compliments like these.

"In four, three, two...." The camera-man signed and the red light switched on, letting us know we were live on E!.

"Hi girls!"

"Hellooo!!"

"How are you two doing?"

"Very good!"

"What are you gonna do tonight? What is the big act?"

"Hmm.... We can't tell you... It's a surprise." Fem said.

"But we can tell you it's gonna be spectacular!" I added.

"You girls are so popular already. The media is going crazy over you, you two are an example for every teenager and I'm sure your twitter accounts are blowing up with incoming messages. How does it feel? The media? This big world."

Yeah... How did I feel about this? Did I like it? All the attention? On TV and Internet, being famous seems so much fun. So amazing. But getting recognised all the time, having camera's shoved into your face all the time and getting mobbed by all kinds of people. Hateful, lovely... I didn't know if I would want all of that. But at the same time, it could be an escape. An escape.

"Noa?" Fem looked at me curiously.

"I'm sorry... What?"

"I asked how it feels, this world." Jessica asked again.

"You started mumbling 'escape'." Fem whispered.

They heard.

Suddenly, I felt sick. My head felt dizzy and my sight got a little blurry. I shook my head and sat up quickly.

"It isn't too much pressure. All the fans are amazing." I quickly answered. Jessica gave me a confused look but decided to continue this interview. I acted as normal as I could be.

********************

"Thank you so much girls. It was a pleasure to meet you two."

"Thank you for having us!" I smiled.

"And good luck for tonight!"

"Thank you so much." Fem said.

"And 3,2,1. We're done!" The chubby camera-man shouted.

"It was very nice talking to you!" Jessica gave us a hug.

"Noa, Fem! We need to get you ready!" Emily appeared from behind the door.

"We'll see you later!" Fem said.

We quickly ran out of the door and followed Emily.

"What was that?"

"What was what?" I asked Fem.

"You started mumbling escape. Why?"

That.

"If you only knew..."

"Tell me then!" She stopped in the middle of the hallway.

"I'm sick of it! I'm sick of seeing you with a new bruise every week. What is it? Why won't you tell me?!" She started crying, making me do the same. I embraced her in a hug. Quiet sobs left our lips.

"I could bring you in danger. Even though you're older than I am, you still feel like my little sister."

"And I feel the same about you. Do you know how much it hurts?! Seeing your mood go up and down such an irregular way. And now, you were talking about escaping. I don't know what this all is about, but if you can escape, please do it! I'm not able to see you like this anymore. I'm sick of it."

"Escaping from this isn't that easy..." I whispered.

"Noa? Can I ask you something?"

I nodded.

"Is escaping even.... Possible?"

********

To be continued....

Hiiii! Sorry it took so long but here's chapter 17!

I hope you'll enjoy it! Please comment and Vote!

Follow me on Instagram and Twitter!

Twitter: @happilynoa

Instagram: @perksofbeingnoa_

I promise I'll try to write more often.

Thank you for reading! Ily xx <3