Hamliza || Nightshade the Kitten

Eliza and Alexander walked down Main Street in Albany, New York. Eliza was pointing things out to Alex, just wanting to fill the silence, even though the silence wasn't awkward. She was just in a good mood, happy to be with her loving boyfriend.

     Alex was focused on what Eliza pointed out to him, smiling as she did so. He found it adorable the way her eyes lit up as she spoke. She was smiling as she gently squeezed his hand. He grinned at her before noticing something. A pet store.

     He quickly pulled Eliza inside, his own eyes starting to sparkle as he walked through the door. He quickly ran over to the pen of kittens and let go of Eliza's hand, picking up a pure white kitten with icy blue eyes.

     Eliza blinked and giggled walking over to Alex. She gently pet the kitten, smiling down at it. She then walked closer to the pen and looked inside. Kittens of all fur colors were scattered around the pen. She gently picked up a tabby cat, who's fur was an orange color. She gently pet the kitten, smiling as she did so.

     The kitten she held let out a quiet purr and she giggled before noticing a black kitten in the corner of the pen. She set the orange tabby kitten down in the pen before walking over to the black kitten.

     The black kitten looked at her and tilted its head to the side, blinking its bright yellow eyes. Eliza instantly knew that if she got a kitten, she wanted this one. She stuck her hand in the pen, her fingers right in front of the kitten's face.

     The black kitten let out a 'meow' before sniffing her fingers. It then licked her hand. Eliza's eyes lit up and she gently picked the kitten up, craddling it in her arms.

     "Hello there kitty." Eliza murmured, petting the kitten's head softly. It purred, nuzzling its head against her hand. She grinned and walked over to Alex. She looked up at him and he smiled at her. He gently pet the kitten, getting a purr and a finger lick in return.

     Alex chuckled and looked at his girlfriend. She basically had stars in her eyes. He took a deep breath. "Do you want to get this kitten?" He asks, blinking and smiling at her.

     She let out a gasp and nodded her head. Of course she wanted this kitten! It was adorable! She grinned at him and walked over to the counter. Alex followed her, smiling and pulling out his wallet.

     The worker blinked and looked at the two. Eliza set the kitten on the counter and it meowed, obviously showing that it wanted to be held once again. It liked the attention!

     Alex quickly got a collar, a pet carrier, and two bowls for food and water, along with a litter box. He pulled out his credit card and handed it to the worker, who rung everything up.

     Eliza put the collar on the kitten, grinning. "I'm going to name you Nightshade." She chirps quietly, grinning. The kitten meowed, as if shaying that it liked the name.

     Alexander smiled and put his card in his wallet before picking up everything he bought for Nightshade. Eliza picked up the kitten and the two headed back to Alex's house, smiling and talking about their future and how much happiness this cat would most likely bring them.